Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Da zoo

30829 Views 288 Replies 68 Participants Last post by  fishindude644
It won't be long before we will be on da hard water, looking forward to some shanty time chasing dem whales. They are already on the hard water in the great white north ,Minnesota and dakotas, Wisconsin. Done chasing tail, buck in the freezer and it's time for da shanty.
181 - 200 of 289 Posts
It's coming soon, it's going to lock up and get thick enough fast. Until then I will have to go to da north. Fished da zoo December 26.good luck and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn.
Exactly the picture on my phone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Weather is going to be abnormally cold into march & april. I trust the process. I’m keeping my shanty ready to go! The extended fall steelheading was fun, but I’m ready to get some dem Whales! View attachment 880096
Well, I've decided I'm to blame for the warm spell that we are in. I ordered some custom painted Rapalas from a fellow MS member and the temperature rose 20° the day they were delivered. Haven't been on the hard water since. I may have to bury them in the back yard to break the curse.
Fish hook Surface lure Bait Fishing bait Fishing lure

Sent from my SM-G975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
No disrespect, but this post has me chucking. The meteorologists can barely get a 7 day forecast correct and you're talking about March and April. Too funny.
Weather is going to be abnormally cold into march & april. I trust the process. I’m keeping my shanty ready to go! The extended fall steelheading was fun, but I’m ready to get some dem Whales! View attachment 880096
So, I have 11 likes. Does that mean that you like the custom painted Raps or that you all agree that this warming trend is my fault.....lol

Well, I've decided I'm to blame for the warm spell that we are in. I ordered some custom painted Rapalas from a fellow MS member and the temperature rose 20° the day they were delivered. Haven't been on the hard water since. I may have to bury them in the back yard to break the curse. View attachment 880147

Usually, they are pretty good about fronts which can give you a good idea on temps. They can see if it's going to be air coming down from the north or not. I saw that February was going to get cold due to multiple Front coming from the north a couple weeks back. Long term weather prediction will give you an idea what to expect, but not specifics like where snow or rain will dump or how much of it is where the difficulties and inaccuracies come from. Weather changes by the day, and most meteorologist would rather be wrong saying more snow or rain, then predicted, vs the other way for safety concerns. Like last snow dump we were supposed to get missed us since the cold front from the north, and humid warm front from the south didn't collide how they expected it to in Michigan. It collided north of us, Maine and Canada. But they did predict the cold weather front a few weeks back as well as the heat up to follow.
No disrespect, but this post has me chucking. The meteorologists can barely get a 7 day forecast correct and you're talking about March and April. Too funny.
Haha! My like was because I like those custom raps lol
So, I have 7 likes. Does that mean that you like the custom painted Raps or that you all agree that this warming trend is my fault.....lol

Dem rapps are choice dare captain! I'd suggest ya get rid of de stock glove grabber hooks doe;) just make sure you use a butter knife to carefully bend hook holder eye back a titch to get em off.only tool I've found capable of job without trashing the rapps. N hopefully ice and whales soon out dare:)
So, I have 7 likes. Does that mean that you like the custom painted Raps or that you all agree that this warming trend is my fault.....lol

I blame you ...lol

Reactions: BelieveX
Just finished putting the skies on the new smitty sled, looking forward to test run Friday morning in da great white north. U see the frabil ice hunter stop by for a fish whistle. A little ice camping in the insulated ice hunter. Good luck and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn.
Looking at da weather, da zoo should be fishable shortly. First ice and da spring bite.
Reactions: jumbojake
Hopefully she don’t start freezing till after all this snow. I got the week following super bowl Sunday off so hoping I can get to my spots by then. If not I’ll be up north
Just wana say dis now, she may freeze a tad muddy out dare.but dam walking ice be a good start fur a bit out dare
You wanna blame someone...blame this Captain RIGHT HERE......cuz where he's at there ain't no ice BUT IN HIS DRINK. :)
Just wana say dis now, she may freeze a tad muddy out dare.but dam walking ice be a good start fur a bit out dare
This was yesterday at 3pm , no ice to get insulated by the snow
Water Sky Plant Grey Tree

Water Sky Snow Fluid Atmospheric phenomenon
Hopefully she don’t start freezing till after all this snow. I got the week following super bowl Sunday off so hoping I can get to my spots by then. If not I’ll be up north
I'm curious on how the north end faired. Did the snow melt on that slush ice that was up there, on just insulate it.
This was yesterday at 3pm , no ice to get insulated by the snow View attachment 880325
View attachment 880326
I just checked the web cam at the raft and it looks like its open water. Nothing left….
I just that too. Last night it looked like it was all slush around there. Wind + wet snow mush have gotten rid of it.
I just checked the web cam at the raft and it looks like its open water. Nothing left….
Arrrr…I think it’s time for the captain to do the ole ice dance! We really need some help….
It'll have to be non-traditional....guessing he'll have to wear a crab-pot, some flip flops, board shorts, and a bad flowered shirt while holding a tiki torch in one hand and a White can in the other...
Arrrr…I think it’s time for the captain to do the ole ice dance! We really need some help….
181 - 200 of 289 Posts