Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
4 degrees wind chill at da zoo this morning, that will help to get the water temp down. Can't wait.
Hope the ice gets thick enough this season to be able to take a machine at least a mile out from metro. Don’t need to hear anything from the anti-machine Karens. I keep my distance and like to be as mobile as possible to get on top of ‘em while being as far away from any zoo-like activity as possible.

· Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope the ice gets thick enough this season to be able to take a machine at least a mile out from metro. Don’t need to hear anything from the anti-machine Karens. I keep my distance and like to be as mobile as possible to get on top of ‘em while being as far away from any zoo-like activity as possible.
Just don't feed the animals and u will be okay lol.

· Registered
6,530 Posts
It won't be long before we will be on da hard water, looking forward to some shanty time chasing dem whales. They are already on the hard water in the great white north ,Minnesota and dakotas, Wisconsin. Done chasing tail, buck in the freezer and it's time for da shanty.
We seen u all on the way home pass us…tracked my doe for 4 hrs yesterday by myself..dam near killed me getting it back..think I need to hit the gym before pulling a shanty this year…already got a wet boot trying to cross a 1/2” of ice yesterday so at least I got that out of the way…
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

· Registered
420 Posts
We seen u all on the way home pass us…tracked my doe for 4 hrs yesterday by myself..dam near killed me getting it back..think I need to hit the gym before pulling a shanty this year…already got a wet boot trying to cross a 1/2” of ice yesterday so at least I got that out of the way…
View attachment 867753
Happy for you glad to hear you got the doe

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
6,530 Posts
Happy for you glad to hear you got the doe

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Dropped in her tracks walking the field..I was in a ground blind and waited 15 minutes ..when I got to her she was still breathing ..jumped and ran…waited till morning to follow trail she went over a fence and a creek for about a mile…tracked the smallest blood spots with a high hit I had on her…she finally bedded down and passed..but getting to her and back was no easy task. ..still hurt…

500 Posts
Friend was out this morning for a jog. She said their was some ice and slush, but all was pushed in. Canada had some forming on their side from the looks of it. Temps are dropping fast. Was out walleye fishing at night and water had that jello look to it. Hopefully this cold trend continues. Saginaw has ice forming too.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts