Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the cold weather of last week my lower river "sweet spot" froze up tighter than a drum forcing me to either (a) call it quits til springtime or, (b) do some exporing and find some new water. I chose the latter and was pleasantly rewarded. Me and a buddy went to a place that I thought would hold fish this morning and ended up 2 for 7. Started fishing at 9am and had all our fish and hits within the first hour and a half. No fish after the snow started to fly.

All in all a nice winter day on the river, especiall the mature bald eagle that flew directly overhead a half dozen times.

Mitch

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats great Mitch. The cold and possible ice kept us away this morning. We pulled treestands instead. Do you know how far down the water was open to, and if there was a lot of flow ice?

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it Quest, it's at the top of my list.

Allrounder, I really couldn't tell you how far the river's frozen up. we were approx. half way from Lake Mich. to the dam and the river was wide open and zero ice flows but there was about ten feet of shore ice.

Mitch

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok I will try to post my first picture with my new digital camera from last weekend.
Thanks for the info. It takes a lot to freeze that river, but I heard from somebody that the ice was flowing. it is hard to check from Grand Rapids.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts

Click on the photo in your gallery to get the larger photo. Get the URL from the larger post to put the pic up and you get the larger picture.

Nice fish.

Mitch, I'm coming your way soon. Seems like you have the best steelie fishing around right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts