Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, all I can say is get READY ! !
I was up in the Keweenaw last week and saw about 1000 honks coming down in about two hours. You know the ones I'm talking about. . . .3 miles high and about 100-200 strong.
Two night ago I was out scouting and field after field was covered up in geese. One that turned my head had about 3000 in it. They'll get what's coming to them soon enough.

The weekend forecast looks just ducky and should start pushing some birds downstate, so be on the lookout.
Just a "heads up" for all those duckaholics out there.

Let the games begin!
BFTrout

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Thanks for the heads up there trout. I had heard the same thing, the U.P. is getting flooded with new birds. We have been seeing a few high flyers here as well but not big time yet. This weekend should triple the numbers of birds the lower part of Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
i been seeing more and more birds each day this week. only problem is they have been on my way home from work in the morning. hopefully i can get out this weekend.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hunted this morning near Hastings. Saw lots of geese! Had multiple groups (150+) circling the field when we sat up and took our limit. Just afraid we educated an awful lot of them at the same time. Wish they wouldn't all arive at the same time. We're going to give a try in the morning as well.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Hunted last tuesday and seen around 30 flocks and only hunted until 9:00 a.m. I havent seen that many geese in a long time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was up in gladwin sprucin' up da deerstand and holy crap seen at least 400 birds in 40 minutes where as two weeks ago seen a quarter of that number.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
I am SO looking forward to the weekend!!! Saw "a lot" last weekend compared to the previous weeks, saw about 20 :) BUT, we did get our first goose so I am chomping att the bit to get out there!!! BANG BANG!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I hunted with a partner the past 2 morning in NW lower. Both mornings we were limited by 8 am with many more birds wanting to come into the field as we got out a quickly as possible. Must of seen over 400 birds this morning ;) most wanted to be in the field we were hunting.

Their numbers have really been on the increase over the past 4-5 days! I hope to get back out on Friday after goose dinner tonight!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Kurt...you heading out goose hunting or duck hunting this coming weekend? We'll be hooking up for a hunt here shortly after the duck opener if you'd like??

Scott

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Scott, heading out after goose this weekend. Especially get my first last Saturday!! I cant wait even moreso now!!! Will get a hold of you next week sometime or maybe this weekend. PM me your phone number please as I have misplaced it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Have you guys seen the orthern geese yet ? There herer for sure, I thought I was seeing things at first. There a couple weeks early compaired to last year. You can spot em easy, there not the blah grey of the local giants, there black color is darker and more clear, and the white on there hind end is VERY WHITE !
And I've never seen so many ducks this early. This cold weather has pushed some northern birds down and the locals are still here at the same time. Come on farmers, cut some corn !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts