Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a facility around Ludtington that I can get my deer tested for CWD.????
Sorry if this question has been asked prior in post. I'll also use the search for Info. Thanx

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I believe your best bet, and maybe the only option, is to give the deer`s head to the DNR.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep Bob I was thinking of that, I'm going to search the Dnr line . I know there is a DNR office in Baldwin.
I was just wondering how or when or if possible to get the results prior to eating ? I'd would even be open to privet testing. If it is even possible?

·
Registered
334 Posts
You can find information on DNR deer check stations at this webpage
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10856_10905-29582--,00.html
The DNR is testing deer from Mason County. If you don't want to go through the DNR for free CWD testing, you can make arrangements with MSU's Diagnostic Lab 517-353-5275 to have it tested (about $50-60 I think). Or cheaper if you have a veterinarian send in just the lymph nodes.
Thanks
Jean

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello,
We will soon (within days) be using the CWD ELISA test performed at MSU's Diagnostic Lab. The lab is planning on at least a 10 day turn-around time. You may even see results on the website (new address I'll be posting here) as soon as 4-5 days from the day you submit it, but it may be up to 14 days during the Nov. hunting season.
Jean

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fierkej-- Thanx, that's the sutff I was looking for Keep us posted!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts