Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the check stations will be in Ingham County? Could be real pain to get the whole deer to the check station especially if the weather is warm. Hopefully there will be something close to where I hunt.

·
Premium Member
30,900 Posts
Anyone know where the check stations will be in Ingham County? Could be real pain to get the whole deer to the check station especially if the weather is warm. Hopefully there will be something close to where I hunt.

There will be 3, one of which is The Rose Lake Research facility and one will be at the New MDNR station at Jolly and Dunkel Rds (Jolly Rd. Exit off 127). I'll see what I can come up with for the other location.

T

I WOULD ENCOURAGE EVERY SUCCESSFUL DEER HUNTER IN COUNTIES SURROUNDING THE CDW MANAGEMENT ZONE, TO SUBMIT THEIR DEER HEADS FOR TESTING!!!!!

Reactions: U of M Fan

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, let me know. The Jolly and Dunkel isn't too bad but driving up to Rose Lake and back would be a haul.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
There will be 3, one of which is The Rose Lake Research facility and one will be at the New MDNR station at Jolly and Dunkel Rds (Jolly Rd. Exit off 127). I'll see what I can come up with for the other location.

T

I WOULD ENCOURAGE EVERY SUCCESSFUL DEER HUNTER IN COUNTIES SURROUNDING THE CDW MANAGEMENT ZONE, TO SUBMIT THEIR DEER HEADS FOR TESTING!!!!!
In the cwd forum last thur the dnr stated that they were in the process of buying a piece of land for the 3rd location. He said what road it was on but I would have to go back and watch it again to remember. I am nowhere near the area.

·
Premium Member
30,900 Posts
In the cwd forum last thur the dnr stated that they were in the process of buying a piece of land for the 3rd location. He said what road it was on but I would have to go back and watch it again to remember. I am nowhere near the area.

Yes, I believe that will also be Chad Stewart's new office.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Any info. on Clinton County stations? The DNR said they would like people outside the Core area but within the management zone to check deer taken but that is a bit of a drive from northern Clinton County if its 75 degrees.

Ganzer

·
Premium Member
30,900 Posts
Any info. on Clinton County stations? The DNR said they would like people outside the Core area but within the management zone to check deer taken but that is a bit of a drive from northern Clinton County if its 75 degrees.

Ganzer

Cut the head off and put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate and take it later if it's more convenient.

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Thats no problem at all. I thought they were at one time asking for the entire carcass to be checked.

Ganzer
Good question. They did say you couldn't remove from the core zone until the entire deer was brought in. I am not sure if that was mandatory outside the core zone but within the management zone. I guess I would assume it will be like the way it was back in the tb days and you could take the head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts