Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt in the cwd zone and my understanding is that any legal firearm can be used such as a 12g in muzzleloader season. Looking for opinions, I have a muzzleloader that gets used occasionally and was thinking of getting a 450 bushmaster. Does anyone see the regulations changing back to a designated muzzleloader season?

·
Registered
14,609 Posts
I hunt in the cwd zone and my understanding is that any legal firearm can be used such as a 12g in muzzleloader season. Looking for opinions, I have a muzzleloader that gets used occasionally and was thinking of getting a 450 bushmaster. Does anyone see the regulations changing back to a designated muzzleloader season?
To my knowledge no one knows for certain whether that regulation will continue. Last year was the first go around.

My GUESS is that it will continue long term.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I have a suspicion that it will continue as long as CWD is present as a tool to keep driving up deer harvest. Also would be surprise if the straight wall cartridge requirement goes away in a few years when hunting from an elevated position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just read the regs for muzzleloader and saw the line you're referring to. My understanding of this rule appears to be correct then? You can use a shotgun during muzzleloader in the CWD management areas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts