Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your best recommended way to do this (looking for the 2 angles to take)? Any pictures or diagrams would work the best!

I've seen a few different opinions on the internet and have used a few different angles over the years but would like to get your opinions on what works best for mounting. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
What's your best recommended way to do this (looking for the 2 angles to take)? Any pictures or diagrams would work the best!

I've seen a few different opinions on the internet and have used a few different angles over the years but would like to get your opinions on what works best for mounting. Thanks!
I've always cut on a direct line forward starting just behind both antlers.
In the following pic I already started the plastering but I believe you'lll get a pretty good idea of the cut I made:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Try a saw :lol: Sorry bro I couldnt pass that up!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Did you guys see that McKenzie bought out Vandykes!

While I'm happy that I can order from just one book, I'm not so happy to see them creating a monopoly! What's that make now their 6th acquisition?

About 15 years ago I asked to speak to one of the owners inquiring if the company was publicly traded. At that time they said "Sorry, the company is held by a few private investors".

Would have been a great investment then as it would still be now.

Mitch

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mitch, that is where my pic. came from. I think VD is still doing there own catalog, I didn't see the VD mannikin's in McKenzie's novel. I am going to use some of the smaller companies for mannikin's this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts