Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question I have. On aug 8th I cut my new plot, weedy areas where taking from the clover so I thought I would let some light down on the less developed clover. It is amazing the difference since then, with the rain we have had since, it is really looking nice. I would like to cut it one more time before season, but also would like it to be nice and tall for opening day of bow. With fall around the corner, I know things will start to slow. How late can I cut it and still get what im looking for by the first?

Thanks for any info!

Good luck, closing in on 1 month to go!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just a quick question I have. On aug 8th I cut my new plot, weedy areas where taking from the clover so I thought I would let some light down on the less developed clover. It is amazing the difference since then, with the rain we have had since, it is really looking nice. I would like to cut it one more time before season, but also would like it to be nice and tall for opening day of bow. With fall around the corner, I know things will start to slow. How late can I cut it and still get what im looking for by the first?

Thanks for any info!

Good luck, closing in on 1 month to go!

Good move OS, I'm planning on doing the same thing as the drought has stymied Kura/Falcata germination from my Aug. 8 planting. No lack of weeds coming up from down below though. One more mowing after Labor Day ought to seal the deal. The cool nights following should keep the summer weeds at bay for the remainder of the season, and clovers will thrive during this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts