Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
That is a very interesting article. I knew they didn't gain much nutrition from corn, but never knew why or the complexities that are involved. Very Insightful.
Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I grew up on a pig farm. Corn is what makes manure stink. If pigs eat wheat, don't get the smell. Corn is not the way to go on suplimental feeding.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I commend the state of NY for taking a pro-active approach at stopping supplimental feeding in light of the looming threat of CWD... and posting tools to help landowners help the herd "in a different kind of way"!

It'll be a long time before you see that kind of leadership displayed by this States DNR.
:(

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Letemgrow
here in Wi. the supplimental feeding and baiting is a very HOT topic and up in the air on its future existence. I am in a tug of war with my feelings on this. Since I am a food plotter and not a baiter. My question that haunts me is if they suceed in stopping feeding and baiting will they come after the non harvested food plotters that use it for hunting and not a cash crop? That is my biggest fear to giving up any of the rights we now have.
I really am not too concerned though just it is always in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
broken- I would think any state DNR would see the value of foodplots vs. supplimental feeding.

More than just deer benefit from foodplots.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
I agree that the DNR would see that, but here in Wi. we have a
legislative board that makes some of the decisions, which brings us back to some non-hunting/sportmen and women making decisions. Right now my food plots are keeping one 40 acre parcel in the agricultural tax code instead of the much higher recreational based code.
All in all though I am not really too concerned about food plots but I do keep that in mind when I vote.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts