Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
It is a .300WBY Mag German mark V receiver built 1973 if the serial number info is close.

It specs are;
Mark V action
26" #2 shilen with Bansner muzzle brake
tuned trigger
new ejector and extractor
McMillan Fibermark style stock
bedded and textured
Leupold one piece base
With 8x40 screws
Leupold medium 1" rings
Black Phosphate Parkerizing on metal
matte black DuraCoat on the stock.

Friend of mind has directed me to Hawk 250gr bullets and I will be developing loads from 200gr to 250gr. The rifle should be here sometime next week and when it comes i will send a picture of it. God a couple of 200gr loads that reach 3100fps and over 4200pounds of energy. Can't wait! Sure hope my shoulder is up to it!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cointoss said:
Sounds as if it is more than a .300 WM with the bullet weights, so what is it?:)
Sorry, 300WBY Mag

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huntsman27 said:
look good in the pictures with it. Sounds like you like tinkering much like my Father in law does.
Yes I love shooting, hunting, handloading and guns, I can't think of a better hobby for me. In fact at times I don't have the words to discribe the fun I have doing the above mention things. :D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Sounds like a sweet rifle. I like my Wby (Mark V "Alaskan" in 300 Wby), however, as I have stated on here before, if I had it to do over, I would go the 300 Win route, but the price on my Wby was too good to turn down and at the time I got it, it was exactly what I wanted (those few fps aren't so important now).

I would be looking to trade it off but it is hard to do with a rifle that shoots so well and is my only true "weather proof" gun. I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a synthetic rifle again. I just can't warm up to them like a nice wood stock, either ones that are nice wood or show scratches like battle scars.:coolgleam

Who is putting it together? Anyone local?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rustyaxecamp said:
Sounds like a sweet rifle. I like my Wby (Mark V "Alaskan" in 300 Wby), however, as I have stated on here before, if I had it to do over, I would go the 300 Win route, but the price on my Wby was too good to turn down and at the time I got it, it was exactly what I wanted (those few fps aren't so important now).

I would be looking to trade it off but it is hard to do with a rifle that shoots so well and is my only true "weather proof" gun. I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a synthetic rifle again. I just can't warm up to them like a nice wood stock, either ones that are nice wood or show scratches like battle scars.:coolgleam

Who is putting it together? Anyone local?
A gunsmith in Buffalo Wyoming. I should get it next week sometime.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huntsman27 said:
May have to look em up. Cant wait to be out west again. Gods country for sure.
Amen to that, will be in Arizona in 1st Sept. to hunt black bear :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts