Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Is that acrylic mixed with wood? Nice looking! Sound is everything though.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
So your turning barrels and plugging them with an echo stopper and selling them for $80.00? Good luck. Also, you might want to check your bore size, because the stopper is stuck way to far in the barrel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your turning barrels and plugging them with an echo stopper and selling them for $80.00? Good luck. Also, you might want to check your bore size, because the stopper is stuck way to far in the barrel.
Thanks. I've sold a few so far. I'll check the size, but I'm pretty sure it's what I need

·
Registered
501 Posts
Let me be a little less blunt than some other posts. They might be duck calls, but you are not really a call maker. You have taken someone else's insert that is molded and stuck it into a barrel that you made. I understand that you are young and are trying, but there are people that have worked a large portion of their life to "perfect" a good insert for their call. That's where the magic happens, not making a wooden tube out of pretty wood. I think that most will agree, when you have an insert that people will pay money for , then you can call yourself a call maker. Good luck on your venture.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand
Let me be a little less blunt than some other posts. They might be duck calls, but you are not really a call maker. You have taken someone else's insert that is molded and stuck it into a barrel that you made. I understand that you are young and are trying, but there are people that have worked a large portion of their life to "perfect" a good insert for their call. That's where the magic happens, not making a wooden tube out of pretty wood. I think that most will agree, when you have an insert that people will pay money for , then you can call yourself a call maker. Good luck on your venture.
I understand. I am trying to make a few calls and sell them so that I an earn enough money to buy the tools that I need to make the inserts.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I think it's cool.
Just showing initiative and creativity and doing something you enjoy, and maybe making a few dollars?
Keep having fun.
No different then the several decoy companies that buy the heads and bodies from tony homer, put together and paint and call them brand "x" decoys and charge 250$ dozen, when tony has perfected the molds.
It's called America.
Keep on keeping on kid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it's cool.
Just showing initiative and creativity and doing something you enjoy, and maybe making a few dollars?
Keep having fun.
No different then the several decoy companies that buy the heads and bodies from tony homer, put together and paint and call them brand "x" decoys and charge 250$ dozen, when tony has perfected the molds.
It's called America.
Keep on keeping on kid.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Geez tough crowd around here.

Keep up the hustle man. One day I hope to see you throw up a thread with a link to your website showing all of us you made it, living the dream, while we're all sitting here watching our balls shrink at our day jobs and complaining about time off to duck hunt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Geez tough crowd around here.

Keep up the hustle man. One day I hope to see you throw up a thread with a link to your website showing all of us you made it, living the dream, while we're all sitting here watching our balls shrink at our day jobs and complaining about time off to duck hunt.
Thank you !

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
So maybe the guy just wanting to get into the market, should heed the advice of the guy who's been there and done that. That's so what.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I think Smoke kindly gave some advice, and the OP kindly took it into consideration, before he even knew Smoke ws a seasoned call maker. Let's not get out of context here gents. Gotta start somewhere.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts