Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best custom calls?duck and goose, would like one overnighted for this weekend,lets hear guys.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
True Customs or are you referring to "Custom/Premium" calls?

Again, you'll get a ton of different answers. A good rule of thumb is to look at what the pros/guides use. Some would say they over pay, but when you're job/income depends on putting birds on the ground..., only the best stuff will do. That means premium calls like;

TG Super Mag, SMH's, Giant Killers, Zink SR-1/PC-1's. there are others, but these are all definitely battle tested and proven.

I'm trying a new Lynch Mob call from George Lynch (a past Michigan State goose calling champ) and had a lot of success with it so far. (my Super Mag and SMH are always on the lanyard though.)

·
Registered
639 Posts
for the goose call...

Giant Killer (GK) calls are made right here in Michigan and I'm sure Bob could get it to you by this weekend if need be!!!

as far as duck calls.... Echo, RNT, Fowl Language, Winglock, Gaston, etc etc etc ... all good calls! as far as getting them over night.... not so sure. if you need one that quick you may wanna make a drive down to Cabelas and try out what they have in stick...they carry a number of the primium calls there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are a number of excellent call makers. To say who is the best,my answer would have to be I don't know. For goose calls I like Keat (Shaman), Grobb(Adrenalin Rush) and Grounds (Supermag). Have been reading good things about George Lynch(Lynch Mob) and that will be my nexted call.

For ducks I like Todd Alofs, his website is http://www.quackerattacker.net/ but there again there are alot of good call makers

Shoveler

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I thought I saw on MUCC that the Lynch Mob was going to be carried at cabela's but its not on there web sight. Anyone have any web sights with info?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Forget, if you want to try a number of call head to Knutson's in Brooklyn, Michigan. They have a website just cann't remember it.

Shoveler

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Lynch Mob is in their retail outlet in Dundee. I believe $90 for the "hunter" model on up to $140 for the Salt/pepper.

Knutsons is an excellent choice as well, but like I said before; try multiple calls of the SAME Model. You'd be surprised at the difference between them. And remember as you tried all the calls... so did 200 other guys and their kids yackin' on them!! you'll know a good call (for your style) when you hear it.

knutsons website is "knustsondecoys.com"

you can test drive at BPS, Cabelas, and Knutsons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts