Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the morning of June 17, 2019. Trolled 3 poles for about 3 hours and ran a bunch of different baits/lures. I can't see the video as I am fishing so watching it was a real eye opener! There's some things that really caught my eye and wish I would have known while I was fishing...would have made some presentation tweeks.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
That was a really cool filming job man. Did you have trouble picking up their bites? Or were you leaving them out there for a while to get good footage? Either way that was awesome.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragging the camera added a lot of resistance and made it hard to tell bites. One time I had a tripleheader by myself and the camera pole was 2nd in line!

Yes, 2 pike on other poles.

I would have changed my presentation a bit based on that first fish. Look when it bit. Also, I was using very heavy line from the camera to the snap (thats all there is!) to get it to run a little straighter with less slack. Finally, just for the sake of clarity on the video, I would have shortened the leader from cam to bait.
Next time!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
Dragging the camera added a lot of resistance and made it hard to tell bites. One time I had a tripleheader by myself and the camera pole was 2nd in line!

Yes, 2 pike on other poles.

I would have changed my presentation a bit based on that first fish. Look when it bit. Also, I was using very heavy line from the camera to the snap (thats all there is!) to get it to run a little straighter with less slack. Finally, just for the sake of clarity on the video, I would have shortened the leader from cam to bait.
Next time!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Is that a water wolf?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.