Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday morning in the newly moved stand at about 7:20 a.m....i hear the rustling of the frozen leaves on the ground, too much noise to be squirrels...coming down a run that I had placed a trail cam hoping to get some nice pics. Quickly and quietly stand up, reach for my bow and lock my release. Just like i have practiced over and over. I look down the trail and I see antlers! Its the "Big 8" I have seen several times but never in bow range. Here he comes, within a few feet he will be broadside at 15 yards! I draw back and take a quick glance to my shooting lane. The first thing that catches my ..."THE TRAILCAM!!!" Within 1/10th of a second my thought process goes something like this; "S*IT, the FLASH, how will he react??? If he stops will he be in the lane or not??? Will he bolt or just freeze". The flash goes off....the "Big 8" jumps back like someone just yelled "SURPRISE!!". Of course he is behind some brush....he composes himself, blinks a few times then he turns and walks away and circles behind my stand of course. I just had to laugh it off! 30 minutes later he comes back from another direction and he grazes for about 20 minutes out of range and walks off again. DDOOOOHHHHHHH!!

The trail cam has been moved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts