Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of courousity, what is everyone calling with right now? I have been on the buck call, but Im having modest luck at best and am thinking perhaps I need to be on a doe bleet right now? Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Haven't used my calls yet. I like to wait until I feel the rut is well underway.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Will use a little antler rattling and light grunting this weekend if it looks like some scrapes have really started opening up.

As far as calls, I realy like the True Talker grunt tube, the bleat in the can, and my rattling antlers....real or rattle bag, I've rattled in and shot bucks with both.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
This year I'm going to try thr Bow Grunter Plus. I have a True Talker but the settings changed on me when the rubber bands were bumped so I decided to try something else. I also use the bleat in the can.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
They sell a plush hedge hog dog toy at Pet Supplies Plus and I have found no better grunt call than that.

I ripped it apart and tie-wrapped the noise maker to the base of my climbing stand after covering it with a black sock. With a simple twitch of my left foot I have hands free operation.

I also use 2 can calls, and the Bow Grunter Plus.

Can calls work great even early season.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Tried soft doe grunts last weekend with no luck, but as soon as the rut kicks in I will use a Primos doe in estrous can call, with my grunt call. This combo got a beautiful 9pt last year.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Rod Benson wood deer call set on doe grunt.
Been using that call for 15 yrs. and have killed 99% of my bucks with it, including both this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts