Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother picked up a new piece of property and we had to rush to get plots in. Planted them this past week (late I know) but did not have the cultipacker handy. I was wondering how long you guys think I can wait to cultipack? I was thinking a few days won't do much harm.

Thoughts?

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
Brother picked up a new piece of property and we had to rush to get plots in. Planted them this past week (late I know) but did not have the cultipacker handy. I was wondering how long you guys think I can wait to cultipack? I was thinking a few days won't do much harm.

Thoughts?
If you've had a good rain since then, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you've had a good rain since then, I wouldn't bother.
That's right. For the future, if you want to save some money on a cultipacker purchase, I have been very successful for years using a lawn roller. It takes care of whats between my Ford 861 wheels and the wheels take care of the rest.

·
Registered
377 Posts
For tiny plots when I didn't have a cultipacker, I just tracked it all down good with the ATV tires, and everything came up fine. You are just trying to push the seed into the soil for good contact.

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
For tiny plots when I didn't have a cultipacker, I just tracked it all down good with the ATV tires, and everything came up fine. You are just trying to push the seed into the soil for good contact.
X2 - Cultipacked many a food plot with ATV tires before I ever owned a cultipacker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts