Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
3,634 Posts
has anyone tried the cuddle back cuddle link trail camera system? Curious to know what those that have tried them have to say. They say 1/4 mile range in the woods, is that accurate? What about battery life? Thanks
Im thinking about trying cuddelink also, basically zero cell coverage at my place.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the concept, no monthly fee and you can check all your cameras from one camera. This system will enable one to stay away from most of your cameras greatly reducing human scent/intrusion. I’m just skeptical about the range in the woods. The say 1/4 mile. Is that under “ perfect “ conditions. Also wonder about the battery life. If the bateries burn up fast your not gaining much.​

· Registered
380 Posts
I have been looking into them lately and reviews seems to be positive as far as battery performance and range. One negative thing to note is that they use a signal strength indicator relative to the location of nearest camera in range. So if theft is of concern its possible they could use the signal strength indicator to trace back to other cams in the mesh network, or at least its general area. Also, the pictures that are pushed from other cameras to the 'home' camera have a lower resolution than the pics stored on actual camera. Though people say they are still clear enough to make out what is needed.

Concept is great though and would be great to keep tabs on hard to reach 'sanctuary' areas and let you know when to move in. I will most likely purchase 3 or 4 this spring so far as further reviews stay positive.

· Registered
3,634 Posts
Another big thing i read is that u must have your cameras all on the same time delay to take pics. If your home camera is set for 15 second delay and a camera in your sanctuary is set for 5 second delay it is possible for sanctuary cam to take 3 pics and only 1 will be received by the home camera.

· Registered
10,529 Posts
Sounds like a good concept but with a few bugs to be worked out. I think I'll wait for all the other companies to copy/improve on it lol.
Hear ya... my cuddeback takes horrid night pics .
Yep I'll be waiting on this to...I lost trust in cuddeback years ago in the game cam biz...Doesn't mean I can't be convinced though..

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI, I talked to cudde back today on the cudde link system. From what they said it sounds to me like they are not good on batteries. If you don't turn all the settings way down you may not get 4 weeks out of the batteries. That said they will be selling a battery pack add on of some sort to improve battery life, due out in June.

· Registered
1,887 Posts
I have them. Recently set them out. The system works great for what I do. Batteries are good so far. I have them set to the recommended settings. I don't believe you have to have all cameras set to the same delay. I don't and i haven't noticed missing photos. Seem to all be there. They are sent every so often based on the settings. It is not continuous.

So far I really like the system. Like everyone, I don't like going in areas I hunt other than when I hunt.

I will post some pics from it next time I pull the card and will update the batteries on each.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
1,437 Posts
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost to get set up with the Spartan system? How much is the service fee? Thanks
I bought my Spartan cam last July from Verizon for about $400. They just charge $5/mth for the extra "phone line" since I already had a Verizon account. The data used to send the texts/e-mails just uses data from my plan. Then I think that I also paid $36 (for a 3-year plan) for the Spartan GO app on my phone so I can change the camera settings at any time right from my phone.

· Registered
1,887 Posts
here are the pics from the home camera. they are full size.

Plant Tree Biome Fawn Terrestrial animal
Plant Tree Natural landscape Deer Fawn

Font Logo Graphics Darkness Brand

I get a report for each camera that gives me the info for that camera. with 38 days left, i will get a little over 2 months out of the 12 AA amazon basics batteries. I will keep you updated.

below are the images from the remote cameras. these come in as reduced size thumbnails. It is not an option to change it.

mocking me
Deer Plant Tree Natural landscape Fawn

still has horns
Plant Tree Natural landscape Carnivore Fawn

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.