Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea if Crystal lake has froze much yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
I doubt it, it's one of the last to freeze around here.

You can call Backcast fly shop in Benzonia for an immediate yea or nea.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got friends coming up from downstate for a trip out there in February.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not froze yet....starting to freeze around the edges.you should be fine by February as long as it stays as cold as it has been.Ill be working on the lake next week and I'll try to remember to keep you updated...hope this helps.. .

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Ill b there feb 27 thru March 8th. I hope it freezes this year.

If it stays as cold as it is now it'll by frozen good sometime next week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Axiom - where do you catch decent size perch at on that lake? I grew up in Bear Lake. I fished it once with a buddy and his boss when we were in middle school (16yrs) ago. He took us right out from Beulah on a sled for perch. I was so dang cold that day I didn't fish much. I usually just go there for smelt. Pm welcome.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If it stays as cold as it is now it'll by frozen good sometime next week.
be nice...the way the wind won't chill out I won't hold my breath.

fingers crossed tho, nice thing is there are tons of lakes good to go nearby if I cruise down there and it is thin or open water I drive a little while and get on a number of lakes.

cant wait to get some lakers and whities myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As of yesterday the ice was almost out to railroad point. Won't be long now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drove by Wednesday all the way to herdmans bay. Dang that water looked cold. Anybody ever stay at Northwoods lodge?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its froze over now. A few crazy bastards were fishing it last Sunday

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dang... Well with last nights temps it pry put a good layer on. We fish feb 3-5. We'll be solid by then.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Drove by Wednesday all the way to herdmans bay. Dang that water looked cold. Anybody ever stay at Northwoods lodge?

For the money you can't beat it. I stayed there 2 weeks ago while up steelhead fishing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
ApparentY There Was 3 Inches Of Clear Ice Over 120 Ft Of Water Today. People Were Definitely Fishing It. Im About To smash My Phone Because It CapitalizeS Every ****Ing Letter Only When I Type With It On MS.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ya I was working on the lake yesterday and saw a few guys out by lobb.crazy fools..... lol ....3 " on crystal lake is not safe.....you will be fine the first week in February as long as this warm up doesn't get out of hand later this week..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet... Thanks for info. If it's just a one day deal of 37 like I seen last I looked it should just melt the snow and not kill the ice much.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For the money you can't beat it. I stayed there 2 weeks ago while up steelhead fishing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Cool.. I live 1.5hrs from the lake, but grew up down the road in Bear Lake. I got buddy's coming up and we're staying in the kitchenette room they have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya I was working on the lake yesterday and saw a few guys out by lobb.crazy fools..... lol ....3 " on crystal lake is not safe.....you will be fine the first week in February as long as this warm up doesn't get out of hand later this week..

Hey thanks for extra mile on the info. If you're around 3-5 in feb hit me up on here. I'll have a cold beer for ya.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts