Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I work with told me about a crypto currency stock, I have an etrade account but it won't let me buy it through there. Has anyone had an account with Bitstamp? It wants a copy of my ID and a bunch of other stuff. Should I trust it?

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
Is this "stock" like an ETF or blockchain type mutual fund? Or are you looking to purchase an individual crypto currency?

Any regulated exchange will want I.D. (KYC) for initial registration. Also, just like an online bank acct, you will be setting up a 2 step verification process for future logins.

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
CEL has performed nicely. They're going places. Over 8 billion in loan origination in roughly two years. Picked it up after ICO for .04 -.08

·
Registered
154 Posts
A guy I work with told me about a crypto currency stock, I have an etrade account but it won't let me buy it through there. Has anyone had an account with Bitstamp? It wants a copy of my ID and a bunch of other stuff. Should I trust it?
Download app coinbase. It’s a good place to start. It’s easy and intuitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
The currency is XRP. It's at .25 a coin.
I have a little. Lost faith in it at this point, but I have so little invested that I'll hold until it dies or whatever.. Regulation and I believe a court battle is keeping them pent up. I did read that they might me moving headquarters to Japan where regs are in their favor. If it's ever utilized in the capacity as was intended, it may get interesting. Those who got in very early made money. Best you can do is research.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Keep buying. Facebook said to release crypto after the new year. Gonna go wild. Make sure to have your hands in companies that actually use and except the stuff and or trade it. Square/ PayPal to lesson the risk.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
MARA it's a Bitcoin miner. Do your research but this seems like the low cost producer at $3600 per coin.
It's made a run but it tracks along with bitcoin itself for the most part.
A electricity is the biggest thing and they have a sweet energy deal.

·
Banned
5,220 Posts
MARA it's a Bitcoin miner. Do your research but this seems like the low cost producer at $3600 per coin.
It's made a run but it tracks along with bitcoin itself for the most part.
A electricity is the biggest thing and they have a sweet energy deal.
What happens after Bitcoin mining runs out?

Are the same amount of Bitcoins allotted each year to miners?

Does it take until the year 2040 that bitcoin mining expires, and then transaction fees are the value of the same efforts?

·
Banned
5,220 Posts
Story to tell:

Back in 2017, I bought $140 dollars worth of bitcoin to buy some stuff on the black market.

It was for something called modafinil. It is a nootropic it makes the mind work better.

Which is like 10 times better than Adderall for making your mind work better.

It was chronicled (or something like it in the film Limitless with Bradley Cooper, 2011 a good movie. And a TV series also called Limitless in 2011 on CBS. Both are well worth watching for the drama.)

Here is some background on it:

https://illimitablemen.com/2016/05/24/master-monk-mode-with-modafinil/

It works great and is not addictive. It is a DEA "Scheduled" substance in the U.S.A. But it really shouldn't be. I guess it so psychopaths don't get a hold of it and be truly effective...

My buddy and I thought to get some and use it. It worked great for him. He was like ten times better at his work. It turned out I didn't need it so much because my brain works just fine without it. And it would put me in overdrive and I would be humor-less with it.

So I just funneled it to him.

That year Bitcoin went from like $3000 to like $19K. And I just bought a ton of the drug.

Coinbase booted me (for purchasing illegal drugs when they flagged who I sent the Bitcoin to. Because they have FINRA regulations.) and told me to move my bitcoin for buying a controlled substance drug. So I moved it to an exchange in Great Britain, but then didn't allow moving money back to a personal bank or checking account.

I think I bought about $1,000 worth of product for my $140 initial input. And I think it's still worth $300 sitting there in the account.

I haven't done any Bitcoin since then. But it was a fun ride. And my buddy greatly improved his productivity with it.

Fun times.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
What happens after Bitcoin mining runs out?

Are the same amount of Bitcoins allotted each year to miners?

Does it take until the year 2040 that bitcoin mining expires, and then transaction fees are the value of the same efforts?
I have no idea it's like trading air to me, but the dollar is just perceived value backed by really nothing anymore and is it really all that secure?
I think that's what make bitcoin attractive to those the fear a dollar devaluation and hyper inflation.
Bitcoin is cooking this weekend is all I know.

·
Banned
5,220 Posts
Bitcoin will inflate. Buy on dips and dollar cost average.

There is looming "regulation" but it is essentially un-regulatable.

It is worth regularly investing small amounts into an exchange. I haven't done this, but do plan to. I don't have a free cache hoard to do this these days.

And it's fun if it goes up.

The story I told above was a thrill experiencing.

I like the post where the poster recommended MARA stock.

The history of Bitcoin is that it will make big jags up and big jags down. Buyer beware. But everything points to future escalation.

Institutional investors are piling in the last quarter...

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Bitcoin will inflate. Buy on dips and dollar cost average.

There is looming "regulation" but it is essentially un-regulatable.

It is worth regularly investing small amounts into an exchange. I haven't done this, but do plan to. I don't have a free cache hoard to do this these days.

And it's fun if it goes up.

The story I told above was a thrill experiencing.

I like the post where the poster recommended MARA stock.

The history of Bitcoin is that it will make big jags up and big jags down. Buyer beware. But everything points to future escalation.

Institutional investors are piling in the last quarter...
It's me that's been all over MARA, it took a pretty good dip on Wednesday but steadied on Thursday.
It was due to a preannounced stock sale that took place. It should be a good play for awhile.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts