Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been dialated for a month. No sign of the kid yet. Sighted in the guns this past weekend. I am on pins and needles.
1. I am excited about being a dad. 1st time
2. The opener is 10 days away. 10 days. My luck I will be in the blind opening day. The buck of a lifetime will walk out. I will click of the safety .........and then Ring ring ring
Good luck

Hey guys, and girls, how is the fever? Has it started yet?

New bumper sticker for hunters. No sex in February

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Congratulations! Hopefully your cellphone has a "vibrate only" setting. Maybe the big buck and the baby will happen on the same day. I'm sure when you are looking at your new baby you won't even think about the few days hunting that you missed.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Wheew, .... I don't know, but unless you hunting in your back yard I'd say your walkin' on pretty thin ice :eek:

How does mom feel about you leavin' at such a critical time in BOTH of your lives?? :confused:

Hey, ..... If it's a BOY are you gonna' name him "BUCK" :eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Teacher,

I know exactly how you feel. My wife gave birth on Oct 16th to a healthy baby girl @ 5:50am. Even though I was hunting 30min away, I really didn't feel comfortable leaving home knowing that she could go any day. I took my phone with all the time, and feared that it would ring after being on stand for a hour or so. Then have to run outa the wood's and haul my arse home. But once that baby come's, you will forget all about hunting for awhile, well a few minutes :D I hope all goes well with you and the mrs. Congrat's on being a daddy for the first time. Their is nothing more enjoyable then the little bundle's of joy.

Is that not the truth or what :D:D

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should not be too difficult since most of us are used to
"No sex in Oct-Dec and a lot of sleeping in the dog house."

I am trying so hard to get her in the woods so I don't get so much flack. My luck she will stick me with the kids and she ends up with more hunt time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Great idea on the bumper sticker! That reminds me of when my wife was pregnant with our second. SHe was due the first week of December. We got a pager for me to take for the rifle opener, and made an agreement to test it at noon on the 15th, to make sure it would go off out in the middle of nowhere. I set it on vibrate and put it inside my first shirt pocket, so I could feel it go off. Things were going great that morning, lots of action. Of course, I was drinking a fair share of coffee. Saw a real nice 6-8 pointer run into the swamp I was watching, to bed down. There was 2 inches of fresh snow, and since it was 11:30, I decided to still hunt his tracks right up to his bed. So, at noon, I was in the middle of a "1 step every 5 minutes sneak-hunt", when all of a sudden my chest starts vibrating, I darn near drop my gun trying to rip open my jacket, I think I'm having the big one........man, was that funny, after I calmed down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went hunting the day my son was born. My wife said that she felt something funny on my way out the door. I couldn't stand to sit out in the woods thinking that I was going to be a dad soon. When I got home she was having contractions and a few hours later I was a proud father.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Teacher, two years ago my wife was due on Nov. 16th ( yeah I know, great planning). On Nov 14th my wife said she didn't even feel close yet and gave me the green light for opening morning as long as I had my beeper. I ran out to Wal-mart that night bought camo fabric. Came home and grabbed four 2x2's and stapled the fabric to them. I got up extra early opening morning and went out and pounded my blind in the ground. I set up shop. Fourty five minutes later I grunted in a nice 7pt and downed him on the spot. I was back home by 9:00. Four days later my son was born. That was the best season ever :) I hope things go as good for you as they did for me :) :)

·
Registered
20,126 Posts
Same thing happened to me,,, well,, kinda.

Wife is "over-due" and its the middle of April. Right in the middle of "hawg time" in the Trenton Channel. It was my buddies boat, so I told him if I get the call,,, we gotta go! He was like "sure", no problem;) . Well, no call and NO FISH either. She had my daughter the next day.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
My son was due the first day of Muzzleloading Season. I took a beeper with me hunting. When I got home my wife was having short contractions. We drove around in my Bronco 2 looking for deer trying to bounce my wife around to maybe speed up the contractions. It worked, we went from looking for deer to the hospital. My son was born a couple hours later.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of right now i will be down at Pt. mouliee which is only 20 minutes away. If the kid comes before i can drive to stanton which is 3 hours away but that is a chance to hunt private land. So she has been cool about the duck hunting but when you throw the gear out, it takes like 20 minutes to set up.

She let me get a muzzleloader. So will see. I know of 4 people that just had theres within the last 3 days. But dam, I just said hey i heard if you have sex that might get it started. Wow, she just bite my ear off. Anyway, I am hoping wiith the full moon coming up on saturday or sunday that the kid comes with it.

To spend more time in the woods and not take any slack last year we bought her some clothes. Well she got the real nice neoprone waders. Then warm hunting boots, bibs, browning jacket gloves and hat. 600 dollars later she was all ready to go. Thyen opening day she had a gun i had a gun. I told her your making noise. Then in a whisper the arguing started. It was hilarious.

Next season she can't sit in her own blind. Guys take care. Thanks for the replys, it is nice to hear others went through this.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hey Teach....I feel your pain bro. Our first was born Nov 13th last year....WHEW! That was close!

She had some pre term difficulties and was in the hospital for a day or two and sceduled to get out...October 1st!

I was in the gutting process @10:30 or so when she called and said she was released and to come pick her up...ouch!

Luckily the little sprout came around in time and I got a chance to get a little time in the woods, but I was pretty damn happy at home too!;)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Nov. 15, 1988 4:30am: I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee while waiting for my brother and our friend to pick me up. Gun, coat, & other gear were waiting by the door. I heard my wife get up and go into the bathroom. A few minutes later she came out and said,"My water broke, you better not go anywhere today"!
That was the only opener that I have ever missed in 32 years of gun deer hunting.
But now I have an excuse to let that boy play hooky on the 15th of each November.
Good luck on your first born. Your life will never be the same. Enjoy a good nights sleep while you still can as it may be another 20 years or so until you have another one.

·
Administrator
17,425 Posts
Have a lot of sex early November! Sex can bring on early labor. If not.... who cares! ;) <----<<<

·
Registered
221 Posts
Teacher I know what you are going through. This year my wife was due on the 18th of Oct. I hunt about 2 1/2 hours from home that early in the season. I could not go up this year and I am glad I didn't. My son was born on Oct. 6th and I have yet to take an up north trip. Come the 14th I am gone. Good luck and congrats. Just wait it out. Hunting comes every year, a child being born is a life event.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts