Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My wife has a parker tomahawk crossbow that this is her 2nd year shooting. Last year after some summer practice, we replaced the string because of the string looking bad from shooting so upon further investigation, the string on 1 side was rubbing the rail to much which caused the string damage so we exchanged the bow at bass pro with no problems. This year - probably 30 shots in, the sting is starting to look the same but this time the string looks perfect touching the rails the same on both sides. we use wax on the string and rail oil every 5 shots. As we're new to crossbow ownership, is this normal wear and tear? How often do you have to change your string? It only looks like the serving is rubbed through and the string is untouched (yet). i dont see any string adustments to raise the string slightly off the rail to stop this problem from happening. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I personally think your oiling the rail to much i just looked up for my wicked ridge and this is what it says

Lubricate your flight rail with a light-weight oil every
50-75 shots and wax your string and cables every
50-75 shots.
Note: Applying too much rail lube can breakdown
your string serving.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally think your oiling the rail to much i just looked up for my wicked ridge and this is what it says

Lubricate your flight rail with a light-weight oil every
50-75 shots and wax your string and cables every
50-75 shots.
Note: Applying too much rail lube can breakdown
your string serving.
Thx. I will have to go into the book and verify what Parker says for proper rail lubrication

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Post back what you found out

·
Registered
699 Posts
Louis
I have had a barnett for 3 years shoot it all the time have never had a string look like that. Lube the rail maybe 3 times a year
Jack

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 side of your rail looks different than the other. Is that the camera shot making it look like that? Its the side where the serving is worn the most, right where the camo meets the rail.

·
Registered
967 Posts
My Parker tornado is getting to that point after 1.5 years, maybe 150 shots. Not quite so bad though. I think the trigger is just as much to blame as rail friction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts