Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fished the cross dyke lately ? Thinking of trying it for perch tomorrow , I k ow perch are their certain times of the year but haven't tried alot to know . Haven't made up my mind yet so any info is much appreciated :) FISHON

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I would imagine with all the boats anchored around there and swimmers all holiday that the fish probably got otta dodge. Just me but the day after a holiday weekend i dont think i would be trying around there.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pleasure boats and weeds. It's good in the spring before the weeds pop up. After the weeds take over you can fish the pockets and pick off a keeper or 2 but it's not a numbers game until the weeds die

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx fellas I took the advice and went to the lake ! It was very slow and lots of dinks but that's fishing ! Hope I can find some jumbos soon ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone fished the cross dyke lately ? Thinking of trying it for perch tomorrow , I k ow perch are their certain times of the year but haven't tried alot to know . Haven't made up my mind yet so any info is much appreciated :) FISHON
No good reports yet although a couple of guys have done good. Most people are not finding many fish yet. As we all know October/November is the season. everything is different this year with levels up 2 ft.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thank you I thought fall would be a good time for that spot but just haven't put in much time there for perch . Fall can't come soon enough if you ask me ! Tight line guys

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
So WHERE is the Cross Dyke? The GPS coordinates on the sticky are somewhere on land in Ohio! Was brought up before on the sticky but never saw a correction. Anybody have the real coordinates? Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cross dyke is just southeast of sugar island on detroit river ! Be careful though if u go too far over there it's Canadian waters A ! I see guys perch bass and pike fish over there the most .

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
The cross dyke is just southeast of sugar island on detroit river ! Be careful though if u go too far over there it's Canadian waters A ! I see guys perch bass and pike fish over there the most .
Google earth to the rescue! Now I can get the correct coordinates also!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I meant to suggest that , you should be able to see It very good on google , most people fish the south side of it, there are some nice weeds over there:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts