Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am heading up to Petoskey next weekend. Anyone been out on Crooked or Pickerel Lake? Looking for ice/fishing reports.

Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went out to Pickerel on the 3rd, right off the Camp side. Some open water around the camp due to outfalls from the cabins but plenty of ice on both lakes. At least 6 inches. There were about 4 guys out there when I arrived at 9am. Caught 5 decent sized yellows. By the time I left at 2:30, about 30 people were out there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there public parking on that side of the lake? I have only been able to access the SW side without having to walk across the entire lake

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can park at Camp Petosega; it's a pretty good walk to get to the fish. Anyone finding a decent walleye bite out there this year? I haven't fished it since the fall (in fact if you find a brand new six spline suzuki prop on the end of your tip-up somewhere on the south end please PM me...).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Spent a couple days on crooked a week and a half ago. Fishing was very poor. Fished from 10'-30' water. no flags couple dink perch.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Is there public parking on that side of the lake? I have only been able to access the SW side without having to walk across the entire lake
That's Berry Creek coming in on the right hand side by the Petosega cabins, stay to the left heading out for a ways.

You'll find 8-10 feet deep not that far out. IMO Crooked and Pickeral are not really worth walleye fishing any longer. The growth fate is so slow that you can spend hours trying to catch a legal fish. The DNR has quit stocking walleyes in there and due to the Indian consent decree a little more nocturnal spearing is going on, on a lake that couldn't really afford it.

Check your PM's for a suggestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts