Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Crocker ramp

1773 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  pilgs
Anyone going out to 11 12 fow by snowmobile or quad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Yes there’s guys out there
Reactions: kisherfisher
I seem to remember a thin ice problem between there and ginos, from a warm water outlet I was wondering where that is exactly, navonics shows a pipeline, but that seems farther out than the problem was
https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#[email protected]&key=ibubGzymxN
went to 13.5 fow tonight. was out even with the spillway. got skunked
There's No warm water outlet out there? The pipeline is a water intake for the city of Mt. Clemens, It used to be closer inland years ago, It was extended out further to avoid the zebra mussel build-up at the intake. And to get farther away from the spillways nasty discharge when oakland county Dumps their retention basin. I'm sure however that intake could create some crazy currants that would result in some under ice erosion resulting into soft ice around it??
I just remember reading about machines breaking through due to turning toward ginos before going out far enough, something about a thin spot over that way every year, while the rest of the ice was plenty thick, wondering how far out you need to go to be safe and miss that spot, someone is bound to know where that spot is, hard to spud your way out while on a machine
In front of beacons cove can be a bad spot, in years past.
Was told by someone that one of the canals between Day Sail and the condos North of Ginos has some current and right in front of the canal is known for being a bad spot in the past. Believe he said it was the canal farthest North. Have no clue if that is correct or not.
Reactions: scooter_trasher
I was told that canal has runoff drainage.Smaller version of the spillway maybe?
Was told by someone that one of the canals between Day Sail and the condos North of Ginos has some current and right in front of the canal is known for being a bad spot in the past. Believe he said it was the canal farthest North. Have no clue if that is correct or not.
Yes there is a canal that comes out that is east of Gino's it's could get bad during run off. It's a creek that runs out of Marsh where old boat livery was.
I think the canal people are referring to is the one where jimmy’s was.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.