Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real slow this morning. Got out a 7:30 and fished until 11 am with just 3 keepers although 2 of them were 12 inches. Seems like everyone was the same.

Bob T

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Met up w/ Hunt4ever at Genos. We were fishing by 6:50a.m. I got three nice ones pretty early on and missed five or six more. Hunt did a lot better than I did and managed seventeen. Some really nice fish. I wish a had a good excuse for the difference in numbers but I don't. We were fishing within 10-20yds of each other also. Nice meeting you Hunt and enjoy your fish !!!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Are you guys fishing out or in close to shore. I was thinking of getting a few hrs of fishing in before work to tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
No walleyes were seen today. Ed.. Hunt4ever had some coordinates I believe he got from you. The only ones I got came VERY early. Good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I fished from 1pm till 7pm and only got 2 keepers. I toss back anything 9 and under. I ended up tossing them 2 back as well when I left. I heard a couple guys on the radio say they were bangin' them. One guy said 25 at 6:15pm and then 45 at about 7:00pm. I moved about 4 times, started between the crowd and shore and hopped around, got a couple dinks. Moved out even with the crowd but to the South.....nothing. Moved over near the wood shack out from Ginos just inside the crowd in a nice little opening and stayed till dark. Heard a couple guys did very well over at Metro not too far off shore. Seems like everyone says minnows were the ticket.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey mudpuppy, that was me, we really started banging them after working hard all day for 25, and right before dark they went nuts. Fishing minnows on chartruese circle hooks with a couple coming on teardrops. Lost several good fish at the hole, ended up with 40. biggest 14",most between 10" an 13". Fishing 12 Ft. of water N. E. and outside the "pack". I can hear them sizzlin'!

Say ya to da U.P., eh?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Thanx for the info guys . It gives me an idea where to start Thursday. I only have a few hrs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Outcast excellent work gettin on them fish. Thanks for the info. I was West of the pack and from the South to the North working that area. So I would guess toward Metro and a little deeper water should produce better. I cant get out for almost a week the way my work schedule looks for now, but I may sneak in an evening here or there. Hope to chat with ya' again soon.

Good luck fellas.......tight lines !!

:p

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Outcast; Nice job, Muddpuppy and the rest of MS members, Hi, I did the walking thing and moved 8 or 9 times. Didn't see anything on my Aqua-vu. I guess I walked 3 or so miles. I got 1 small perch at dark. Thats the second time I have been to Crocker area and it oues me big time. I'll get into them yet. Try again next week.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
myself and quack quacker were out wed night.... from 4:30 to 6:30 iced 7 over 11in and lost 4 more.... gold hook and a minnow... we caught all the fish we saw come though the hole... we were in the pack... than we ended up at the Meet-N-Greet and that is why I did not post last night... LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts