Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any bait stores that carry crickets in northern Oakland or lapeer county?

·
Registered
15,040 Posts
My son was buying crickets at a pet store in the old Kmart plaza in Lapeer. That was a year or so ago. South side of parking lot.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son was buying crickets at a pet store in the old Kmart plaza in Lapeer. That was a year or so ago. South side of parking lot.
Any idea what they charged? Pet supplies plus carries them but they're not cheap and smallish.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grab bag has them but it's opposite direction from lake I'm heading and not super close to me.

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
A man that smokes expensive cigars, yet complains about cricket prices....BWAHAHAHAHA!

Go to the pet store El Cheapo. :)

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A man that smokes expensive cigars, yet complains about cricket prices....BWAHAHAHAHA!

Go to the pet store El Cheapo. :)
It's more to do with the small size and what it costs for an inferior product. A feeling you know well. Lol.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If you don't like the size then looks like you might have to catch your own. Seriously thought if you want to find some big crickets check behind the tall grass along the house. That and check under any wood on the ground or that piece of plastic below the drain gutter. When I was a kid me and my friends would catch a ton of crickets doing this.

·
Registered
15,040 Posts
The sizes do vary within each batch. And, the crickets are a tan or olive color unlike the dark crickets you find in your yard.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wonder if they'll eat those crickets. I've only ever used bait shop crickets

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
There is a small bait shop north of the grab bag a few miles that has crickets. West side of the road at Mt Morris road just South of Otisville.

m15 bait and tackle

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks KB. Stopped at pet supplies plus. .12 cents for the big ones. It felt odd asking for individual bait next to lizards. Lol. They had waxworms too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts