Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to talk to someone with a Crestliner Sportsman. Mine's a 2006 14 ft. 7 inch boat (without the flooring). I just bought it used. I've got a couple of questions on the layout. I'm trying to figure out what's standard or if somethings have been altered. For example there's an open groove running down the middle of the boat with the electrical wire to the front light laying in the groove the length of the boat. This groove seems to hold water (for example, rain water). Tilting doesn't seem to help it run out the drain plug. Was this or should this groove have been covered by something. Remember this boat didn't come with flooring. Also, the battery sits on a tilted board. I wondered if this was standard or if prior owner added it and if standard, how or is yours somehow bolted to the boat so the board & battery don't move. Please reply here or PM me.
Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a 2011 model with a floor. The 2012 models have gotten rid of the floor and I am not certain if running lights are even OEM on the Sportsman. Possibly, the prior owner ran it himself and went the easiest route. I installed my wireing for the bow light and stern light through the gunnel.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I haven't had mine out yet. What do you think of yours? Does it handle bigger water well? With the 73 inch bow and the deep sides, I would think it's pretty stable. Where do you use your's mostly? I'm thinking of setting up for a little handlining in the lower river.
thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts