Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever have to do one? How long did it take? Easy process? I'm almost to that point now... Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Anyone here ever have to do one? How long did it take? Easy process? I'm almost to that point now... Thanks guys!
Had an issue years ago. Someone used our card to purchase some ladies accessories at Hudsons. Found it on the monthly summary, called the card company (visa) and they just removed it from our account. Easy peasey. Actually it's scary how easily it was done. The US credit card debt scares me more than the US deficit. Credit card debt is real and overwhelming. The people with a lot of debt are the ones that will default with just a threat of a economy downturn.

·
Premium Member
30,277 Posts
Are you talking about a bonifide charge but you are unhappy with the product or service? Or is it about a charge you didn’t make?

·
Premium Member
30,277 Posts
I had ordered a product from an online company and paid through PayPal. The next day, I found that the company was Chinese and based on reviews, most likely a fake outfit. I contacted PayPal with my concerns and was told they would contact the company about the dispute to get things resolved. If there was no reply in 10 days, I would have my money returned. In 10 days, my money was back on my debit card that was used for those purposes.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
If its a case of someone using your ID to obtain a card, good luck on getting it resolved quickly.
We went thru it with my son and wife .....my sons problem took two years. The one with my wife took three years and that was only because a Macomb Sheriff Deputy took it upon herself to help us.

·
Super Moderator
35,168 Posts
Had someone crack into my walmart..com account and buy baby items and a playstation on my CC. It was caught before the item shipped. They had also changed the email address in the account. Those folks did not get their order. Another order was placed through a men's clothing store. I think they actually did get the stuff, to the tune of around $400. Got my money back quick (cleared same day) but still chaps my crack they got away with it.

·
Premium Member
7,013 Posts
I’ve used the dispute feature 2 times with a card with a relatively high annual fee. They usually have the back of the card holder.

One was with a “bespoke” tailor that delivered suits that were a disaster. The credit card company received photos of the suits with the mismatched sleeve lengths and held onto the $ until the order was corrected.

Another was for concert tickets bought through a large secondary market seller. The tickets were never delivered. The company I purchased them from wasn’t taking my calls. As soon as I disputed the charge; within an hour; I received my $400 back.

The credit card companies take these seriously from what I’ve seen.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Had someone crack into my walmart..com account and buy baby items and a playstation on my CC. It was caught before the item shipped. They had also changed the email address in the account. Those folks did not get their order. Another order was placed through a men's clothing store. I think they actually did get the stuff, to the tune of around $400. Got my money back quick (cleared same day) but still chaps my crack they got away with it.
I had someone get $2300 in gift cards from best buy on my account. Best buy tried to shut their gift cards off but they had already driven across town in NC and used them that day. The ordeal took 2-3 weeks and they did make me file a police report and sign an affidavit that it wasnt me.....this was 15 yrs ago now. Have had plenty of thefts since where I didnt have to go through those hassles but the other events were much smaller amounts under $400.

I was reading the OPs post as he was unhappy with a company and wanted to refute a charge he did. I vaguely remember my dad doing this on his credit union visa card without much hassle once. This used to be a big selling point of credit card companies years ago.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I had ordered a product from an online company and paid through PayPal. The next day, I found that the company was Chinese and based on reviews, most likely a fake outfit. I contacted PayPal with my concerns and was told they would contact the company about the dispute to get things resolved. If there was no reply in 10 days, I would have my money returned. In 10 days, my money was back on my debit card that was used for those purposes.
I had the same issue with pay pal. I did not receive a product from a chinese co. Pay pal sent me a check before I actually called them. The Chinese company was a fake.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I’ve used the dispute feature 2 times with a card with a relatively high annual fee. They usually have the back of the card holder.

One was with a “bespoke” tailor that delivered suits that were a disaster. The credit card company received photos of the suits with the mismatched sleeve lengths and held onto the $ until the order was corrected.

Another was for concert tickets bought through a large secondary market seller. The tickets were never delivered. The company I purchased them from wasn’t taking my calls. As soon as I disputed the charge; within an hour; I received my $400 back.

The credit card companies take these seriously from what I’ve seen.
My son had the same problem with purchasing Lions tickets on line. Got to the the stadium and the tickets were fake. Had to buy tickets on site. The credit card co. returned him the money he paid to the sham co.

·
Premium Member
30,277 Posts
I had the same issue with pay pal. I did not receive a product from a chinese co. Pay pal sent me a check before I actually called them. The Chinese company was a fake.
I used this website to find out the status of the fake online outfit.

Check Website Reputation
https://www.scamvoid.net/

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
My son had the same problem with purchasing Lions tickets on line. Got to the the stadium and the tickets were fake. Had to buy tickets on site. The credit card co. returned him the money he paid to the sham co.
Isn't it easy how you can get your money back from fraudulent usage. That's what scares me. These situations are happening all over the world and the CC companies are returning the money willy nilley. Somebody is paying for all that theft.

·
Super Moderator
35,168 Posts
Isn't it easy how you can get your money back from fraudulent usage. That's what scares me. These situations are happening all over the world and the CC companies are returning the money willy nilley. Somebody is paying for all that theft.
Ya. The people who use CC because they cant afford it. Not the ones who pay off monthly.

·
Super Moderator
35,168 Posts
I have NEVER made an interest payment is 48 years of holding a credit card, NEVER. They are losing money on me.
Ya. I use CC almost exclusively (except for leaving good tips). I get 1-6% back on my money, sometimes more if shopping online through ebates.com (now rakuten). Its almost silly not to use one!

My father in law looks down on using CC. Pretty sure it's because cash portrays an image.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Credit cards for the cash back for me. I like to make money on the system too!

My wife gets free Life Lock as a benefit at her work and they watch it like a hawk. Something to think about going forward?

I change my 57 passwords every 3 months or sooner if I get wind of a breach somewhere that could affect me. I also have my cards set up to send me a text when a purchase =/> $250 is made. I also pay cash at a shady place if the little ambush hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I've got a good system so far but you never know!

·
Premium Member
7,013 Posts
I have NEVER made an interest payment is 48 years of holding a credit card, NEVER. They are losing money on me.
They get 3 percent from the merchant so they’re not losing money each time you use your card.

They also have the benefit that 95 pct of their customers are generating monster interest charges.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts