Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sit here getting pysched by reading everyone posts about tomorrows grand finale I can't help but laugh at my pup and how fast he's grown . I'm sure many of you have heard my stories of my pup "Walter" from this spring til his first goose hunt, to his first duck hunt and so on. He's been quite a joy to have as a part of the team, however, the retriever in him is becoming a nightly saga of "throw and retrieve" in the house. Hahha, and I was worried that he wouldn't retrieve. He's currently staring at the penguin between me and the keyboard waiting for me to throw it, this goes on for literally hours at a time. hahaha, anyways just want to wish my fellow duckhunters a safe and enjoyable hunt tomorrow. Lets go get em!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Always good to hear dog stories....I had my 6 month old pup golden retriever out today for her first duck hunt. She did great. On her first retrieve she brought back a big fat green head!

I was a proud dad! She is going to be a good one, never dissapointed me one bit this morning!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats awesome, Did you get any pics, gotta love posts of the pups bringing in there first bird. Walter is a golden too and his first retrieve was photographed and I received a coffee mug for christmas with that picture on it so I can check it out on my drive every morning. Congrats again.

·
Registered
497 Posts
unfortuntely I did not get the camera out in time to shoot it. I was more concerned with her, and did not think about it. It was awesome, she ran out to the bird, looked at me, I said "get it" She picked it up, Said Come, she ran to me, Said "sit" She sat, Said "drop" and she dropped it.....I was absolutely the happiest ever. The best part is, she did it again a few minutes later!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was very fortunate to have my buddy grab the camera when we killed a mallard for my dogs first retrieve. Got great pictures of her bringing a mallard back.

Later that morning I foolishly sent her on a retrieve of two Hoodeds that were not so dead. One of those fisheaters jumped on her head - - freaked her out!!! We finished that minisawbill off and she ended up going to get it.

Can't imagine duck hunting with out a dog

Hope things keep going well for your new dog!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts