Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen anything like it. I counted 40+ smallies the broke water last night in about 100 yards of shoreline. I felt like I was in a school of asian carp (without my bow), I got splashed multiple times. The real kicker was that we didn't get a single bite. I threw every bait imaginable without a single taker. I know the muddy water didn't help but, it was still a humbling and frustrating experience. The only guess I have at what they were eating were these six inch chubs/shiners that were suspended about six inches below the surface. If anyone likes using live bait, it would probably be a surefire tactic. I just can't force myself into doing it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was out last night also at Belleville but I think they were carp you saw cause they were breaking surface like crazy. Some were jumping at least a foot out of the water. But you could of very well have seen bass surfacing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was at Belleville yesterday afternoon, and the fish were jumping like crazy then, too. I'm not certain if they were bass or carp, though.

The fishing was very slow, as well as very windy and muddy. I only caught 2 smallies (12" and 14" whoppers! lol).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts