Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wow what a interesting night, im sitting in my tree watching 6 deer run across the road to the farm next to my property, 4 go one way, 2 come towards me, they get closer i notice one is a nice buck chasin a hot doe, they want nothing to do with the woods they keep doin laps around this farm for about 20-30mins then they take a turn back towards the road i see the doe jump on to the road and get past then the buck trys, wammmo:yikes: a buick lasabre just smashed it, front bumper off, screaching of tires.. and im pretty sure the buck made a huge whelp.. sounded crazy

was going to go check and see if the person was ok but the car behind them stopped so i continue with my hunt... :( no more deer so i pack up and leave at dark, get to the trail where one of my other stands is and the 4 that i had seen earlier are sitting under an apple tree munching..

crappy part is thats where i was gonna hunt and the wife said i should try the ladder on the backside of the property..:rant: told the wife when i get in never listening to you again..

anyone else ever watched a car hit a deer from in stand?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
not from the stand but seen a doe get hit by a full size van. . was in a truck about 40-50 yards away when she got smacked. . or i should say smashed. . van was oncoming and the turck i was in got plastered by flying deer parts. . . .crazy to see from a outside perspective. . .

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
not from a stand, but from a goose blind.........

deer came into the decoys, a doe, we honked at it ( 15 yards away )
and it took off, crossed most of the road, and blotto, lol. stuff happens.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
In the late 80's, I was driving north on M65 south of Whittemore. Three deer were running toward the highway, along a fence row. I saw them from a long way off, because they were on my side of the fence row. When they crossed the highway, the last one got just smashed by a little green ford ranger. It flew through the air and landed, sliding fifty or so feet in snow down in the ditch. I pulled off the road to help the poor guy when I noticed the side of the truck- DNR! The CO just got the truck 2 weeks before, and it needed some serious work.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
watched an antelope get smoked by the big rig doing about 90, and get bounced off the concrete median. that was about 30 min south of missula montana. now that was quite a sight. if you have never seen one antelope are not very big.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I saw one get hit once. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. I noticed the deer running towards the road so I slowed down, the truck coming at me hit this big doe so hard that it shot her straight up in the air about 15 ft....and then came down SMACK!!! I just kept thinking MAN I wish I had a video of that! It was crazy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
not from the stand but seen a doe get hit by a full size van. . was in a truck about 40-50 yards away when she got smacked. . or i should say smashed. . van was oncoming and the turck i was in got plastered by flying deer parts. . . .crazy to see from a outside perspective. . .

Hay outdoor mike,

I now have 3 smudge marks on my computer screen from your bug.:dizzy:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Had a 150 inch 10 point get hit, that we were hunting, followed 3 does up to the road, they made it...he didn't, Mark VIII took him out...guy said that's the biggest buck i've ever seen...That was a bummer...he took it home...didn't go to waste...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts