Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I use 17 if I am making short ones 12'' the rest I now use what ever I have 8 ,10, 12, flora carbon never had a problem

·
Registered
127 Posts
I do alot of trolling around heavy cover so I like to use something smaller than my main lines. With this setup, you usually only loose harnesses instead of the whole rig. I normally run 17lb Cajun Red on trolling rods and 14lb vanish for harness.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
i use 17LB vanish, ive found that if you use your normal 6-8 LB mono, the stretch in the line absorbs some blade movement, with 17lb you get a true spin.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've been tying them up lately with 20#. 1st year for that heavy of mono...so will know here before too long if it is good or not. I know the line won't break and my thought is, that if it becomes snagged then maybe the hook will bend enough to pull out, yet not compromising it's integrity to catch hogs.:yikes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, the biggest problem I had last season was the rigs twisting up. I think I was using 8lb mono but can't say for sure.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Justin_04 said:
Thanks, the biggest problem I had last season was the rigs twisting up. I think I was using 8lb mono but can't say for sure.
barrel swivel should take care of that.. Cya Slick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts