Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do to store your harnesses? I'm sure there are some inovative ideas floating about. I've always had a handfull but plan on tieing my own up this winter so I was looking for suggestions for keeping them all neat.

·
Registered
347 Posts
cut 10" pieces of the pool floaties (can hold 8-10 harnesses), can fit 2-3 in a gallon ziplock bag then store them in a duffle bag

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I just wrap mine on a piece of cardboard with a small slice on either end. About 1 1/2" x 2 1/4". I think I cut them a little slimmer to fit into the smaller Plano boxes.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
cut 10" pieces of the pool floaties (can hold 8-10 harnesses), can fit 2-3 in a gallon ziplock bag then store them in a duffle bag

Excellent idea but you can use pipe insulation just long enough to fit inside a tennis ball container. Usually can get at least 2 or 3 inside the tube and you have a nice dry container with a lid. Just my .02...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Excellent idea but you can use pipe insulation just long enough to fit inside a tennis ball container. Usually can get at least 2 or 3 inside the tube and you have a nice dry container with a lid. Just my .02...
I use pipe insulation as well. Good idea with the tennis ball tube Robert.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Go to Michaels craft store and get the 2"X3" plastic ziploc for practically nothing. Wrap the line loosely around 2 fingers and put it in the bag and seal. You can see what you have, it's neat, it's secure, and you can carry dozens in a quart sized ziploc bag. No tangles. Capnhook

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
My wife and I also use the zip lock bags for both harnesses and the spinner rigs that we tie ourselves. Have had no problems with this method of storage.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I can keep 150 or so in this. All organized by color.

I got the worm bag idea from Mike on a simular thread about this several years back and its the bomb! I also use the 2x3 or 3x3 bags. You can pick them up at Franks in Linwood or at most craft shops! :D

When I bought my worm bag I picked up some extra bags for it as well. ;)

·
Administrator
26,663 Posts
I got the worm bag idea from Mike on a simular thread about this several years back and its the bomb! I also use the 2x3 or 3x3 bags. You can pick them up at Franks in Linwood or at most craft shops! :D

When I bought my worm bag I picked up some extra bags for it as well. ;)
Nice and neat and organized, right Greg?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Go to Michaels craft store and get the 2"X3" plastic ziploc for practically nothing. Wrap the line loosely around 2 fingers and put it in the bag and seal. You can see what you have, it's neat, it's secure, and you can carry dozens in a quart sized ziploc bag. No tangles. Capnhook
I use the same idea.
Put them in individual zip locs, then sort by color and put in gallon size bags.
Easy to find the color you want, no tangles, no mess.
Just don't put them back in the bags wet.
When done fishing leave on the line till dry.
Rich

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
One of my buddies dad uses the same thing! Where do you guys get a hold of those?
Got mine at BPS (Bass Pro) and I've seen them at Frank's in Linwood. ;)

Nice and neat and organized, right Greg?
Absolutely Mike! Now that I've been using this set up I dont know how I got along with one! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts