Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every spring I come up with different ideas on how to stow my harnesses on the boat, and by the end of the fishing season I am ready for a new method. What works good for you guys that is neat but easy to access? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Wrap them around a peice of pool noodle.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I put mine in 2"x3" bags that I got at gibalter trade center (3 bucks for a 100)

Leave the loop hanging out....just clip it on and open the bag.

Then I take all the little bags and store them in a BPS worm bag....according to style and color (well at least I try too anyways :rolleyes: ) Could probably fit 200 harnesses in there.

That reminds me....Need to get my kack out out of the garage and start working on them!!

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
here's what i use...works great for me.

[/IMG]

mschirr said:
Every spring I come up with different ideas on how to stow my harnesses on the boat, and by the end of the fishing season I am ready for a new method. What works good for you guys that is neat but easy to access? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried all of these mentioned so far, and I currently have them in bags held together with binder clips. I like the Idea of keeping them in the BP worm bag. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
CASTMASTER 5000 said:
Wrap them around a peice of pool noodle.
I also use the swim noodles. They work well, and are cheap. I cut several 3/8 inch deep cuts around the perimeter of mine about 3/4 inches apart using a razor kinfe. The harnesses wrap up nicely in these grooves. I cut the noodles to a length that will fit into a storage box, about a foot long.:)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
pool noodle no need for cuts in it. take a few paper clips and cut them down to make "U"'s to secure the loop end of the harness. easy to put away easy to take off and makes it easy to look over your selection.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Another vote for the pool noodles! Instead of the paper clips go to any craft store and pick up t-pins. I store my noodles in a tupperwear latching container, I have enough room for eight noodles and have over 100 harnesses.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Michaels (craft store) has very nice small plastic zip lock bags in various sizes. cheap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I baught some foam cylinders( same as pool noodles) from a bait shop around the lake, and the only problem with them was the grooves wern't spaced out enough causing the harnesses to tangle all the time. I think I will stick with the plastic bag trick.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
salmonslammer said:
I put mine in 2"x3" bags that I got at gibalter trade center (3 bucks for a 100)

Leave the loop hanging out....just clip it on and open the bag.

Then I take all the little bags and store them in a BPS worm bag....according to style and color (well at least I try too anyways :rolleyes: ) Could probably fit 200 harnesses in there.

That reminds me....Need to get my kack out out of the garage and start working on them!!
:yeahthat: Two thumbs up for BPS Worm/Harness Bag! I bought extra bags that go into the binder. Franks in Linwood has the little bags, as do most craft shops! They come in several sizes, I like the size up from the 2x3, they user friendly'er if you got fat fingers like me! ;)

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Good call Ed with the paper clips on the Noodle....I lost 2 of my Noodle with 10 harnesses each on them on my way back home from the river last year. This year when i make up my new ones, i will put a piece of broom handle in the hole in the center for some weight, so this doesnt happen again:banghead3

Mushy

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
MUSHY1 said:
Good call Ed with the paper clips on the Noodle....I lost 2 of my Noodle with 10 harnesses each on them on my way back home from the river last year. This year when i make up my new ones, i will put a piece of broom handle in the hole in the center for some weight, so this doesnt happen again:banghead3

Mushy
Shove a handlining weight inside it.;)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
CASTMASTER 5000 said:
Shove a handlining weight inside it.;)
That is how I make my perch buoys. 2 lb sinker stands them straight up. 40 foot of 40 lb fishing line and an 8 oz pencil sinker. the sinker will store in a hole stuck in the swim noodle.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts