Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out and hooked up to the Tracker for my normal Wed. Gander tourney. Noticed one blade on the prop is missing a HUGE chunk. Found it in the garage right next to the cinder block I use to set the tongue on. I guess it didn't clear it when I backed it into the garage last time. Well, at least I have a spare prop (thanks Daddyduck!) even though it's a bit beat up, it's better than the one I just took off.

So, where in GR do you get a prop fixed these days? I always just took my props to Marrysville right down the street... but they are no longer in business. Vans? Somewhere else that might be quicker (I know vans is VERY busy).

Well, off to the lake... probably minus a mph or 2 I'm sure.

Mike

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
That's got to make your stomach turn, seeing that, right before a tourney!!!!!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I would buy a new one keep that one for a spare get it fixed later. I was backing my small boat down the ramp and knocked the scag off it for some reason I lowered the motor and forgot to raise it

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Western Michigan Propeller is in GR...I don't know where but you can find them on the web..I talked to them 2 weeks ago when I had a brainfart and backed the boat up with the outdrive down...That's $250.00 and several hours of my life that I won't get back.....

LMF :fish:

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
you know I was just looking in this forum to see how to get off a stuck prop off, I havent greased mine like I should have since I bought the boat new:rolleyes: because in the last 30 days I have bang my prop twice on the bottom which I havent done in years and here I do it twice in 30 days:yikes:..

I use to go to the Marysville place as well but like you said I am pretty sure there out of business, but here is what I found in the yellow pages my fingers did the walking:lol:.. Henery Smith and company 1880 fruit street Algonac 810-794-4340

Marine machining and maufacturing,,, Giftos Dr Clinton twp 586-791-8800

Ok guys any ideas on how to get my prop off? I put some penatrating fluid on it and I hope it will free it up by morning so I can go get a new back up prop,, Should I hit the saft with a rubber mallet or hit the prop itself IMPUT IMPUT Cya Slick

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I would use a puller. if you don't have one you can make one from scrap metal and all thread and a bolt. that way it does not stress the lower unit

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since I already have a spare prop (which works ok, it's just not pretty) I'm going to get the one I damaged fixed. I'll just have to do some investigating as to where to take it I guess.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Slick fishing said:
you know I was just looking in this forum to see how to get off a stuck prop off, I havent greased mine like I should have since I bought the boat new:rolleyes: because in the last 30 days I have bang my prop twice on the bottom which I havent done in years and here I do it twice in 30 days:yikes:..

I use to go to the Marysville place as well but like you said I am pretty sure there out of business, but here is what I found in the yellow pages my fingers did the walking:lol:.. Henery Smith and company 1880 fruit street Algonac 810-794-4340

Marine machining and maufacturing,,, Giftos Dr Clinton twp 586-791-8800

Ok guys any ideas on how to get my prop off? I put some penatrating fluid on it and I hope it will free it up by morning so I can go get a new back up prop,, Should I hit the saft with a rubber mallet or hit the prop itself IMPUT IMPUT Cya Slick
Soak her with PB blaster for a couple days. Should slide off slicker than snot.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
waterfoul said:
Well since I already have a spare prop (which works ok, it's just not pretty) I'm going to get the one I damaged fixed. I'll just have to do some investigating as to where to take it I guess.
I'll have to look at some point when I get home and see the address of the place I took mine. It is right downtown. I think they are called West Michigan Propeller. Just a little shop. If you take division north, it is inbetween I-196 and Leonard on a little side street to the west.

otherwise the other day up on 28th street. Boaters World has a sign in the window they can send your prop out to get it fixed.

Good Luck Mike.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I know that the marina's around here send them to West Michigan Prop in GR. I have the card somewhere, I'll look when I get home.
Nick

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bigcountrysg said:
maybe if you put a tongue jack on the trailer you wouldn't have to worry about the cinder block any more.
The trailer jack is the exact reason this happened. The wheel from the jack somehow fell off on the way home from the lake... leaving me with just the post so until I can get it fixed I'm using the block (without the wheel the jack isn't tall enough to get the tongue off the hitch ball). So you see... the jack wheel falling off is the CAUSE of the prop damage! Sucks don't it?

Six... haven't had a chance to drop it off yet... between working two jobs and fishing there just isn't a lot of time for errands!!

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
waterfoul said:
The trailer jack is the exact reason this happened. The wheel from the jack somehow fell off on the way home from the lake... leaving me with just the post so until I can get it fixed I'm using the block (without the wheel the jack isn't tall enough to get the tongue off the hitch ball). So you see... the jack wheel falling off is the CAUSE of the prop damage! Sucks don't it?

Six... haven't had a chance to drop it off yet... between working two jobs and fishing there just isn't a lot of time for errands!!
I can fix that for you. That is your trailer jack. But I am a little to far away from you. By the time you paid for the gas to get to me. You could have bought a new trailer jack and had it installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts