Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
there are some nice perch being caught there now but compared to the walleye they look like gills lol - I know i fish around sister in soft water each year for them.......hell - i was just joking i fished closer to sister on a quad than i have in a boat....freakin unreal
Good to know. Sure would be nice to get a few jumbos and a few eyes. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm bringing a box of perch gear and having a rod ready... Last trip I caught more perch than eyes!
Are the perch just mixed in with the eyes? Or where would one go for them? Sorry I have had tons of questions just trying to make the most of the trip. Thank you to all that have chimed in with all of this valuable info!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Are the perch just mixed in with the eyes? Or where would one go for them? Sorry I have had tons of questions just trying to make the most of the trip. Thank you to all that have chimed in with all of this valuable info!

We were catching perch, white bass, and catfish mixed in with the eyes last week. Most of the perch were pretty aggressive hitting our larger baits for eyes. After a little bit you got to recognize the habits of each species when they came in on the sonar and you could almost call out what was what before they hit.

I almost thought about moving because I was catching so many other fish and only a few eyes but then I told myself they all gotta be around here for one reason.....bait, and it didn't seem to matter, the eyes came too and I caught some nice ones.

·
Registered
11,841 Posts

Only place I've caught perch was out by the island... Had some short eyes mixed in with em. I kept marking fish but only had a few big enough to smack the walleye spoon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got a smaller trailer to go now instead of a 16 footer got my buddies 5by10 that will be a lot better can't wait tell Sunday for crane creek

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I might have room for 1 or 2 people to ride out if anyone would be interested in trying to find fish together. This will be my first time so im trying to find someone with some experience so maybe I can help with a ride and you could help find fish. I will know for sure tonight if ill have room. Leaving outta crane about 8:00 saturday morning. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I might have room for 1 or 2 people to ride out if anyone would be interested in trying to find fish together. This will be my first time so im trying to find someone with some experience so maybe I can help with a ride and you could help find fish. I will know for sure tonight if ill have room. Leaving outta crane about 8:00 saturday morning. PM me if interested.

Sent from my HTCONE using Ohub Campfire mobile app

41 - 49 of 49 Posts