Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,622 Posts
mrblugil said:
thinking about Glock model 26 "baby "glock,anyone have one? What do you carry?:confused: :fish:
No Glocks here. I rarely carry, but when I do it is a Sig Sauer P239. Mne is chambered for the .40 S&W (I think 9MM is optional though).

· Registered
1,632 Posts
I looked at the G26 and opted for the G22 in 40 S&W
I carry mine concealed fine. I am a bigger guy.
My main issue with the 26 was how small it is, it even had the little finger extension on the mags.
I'm glad I got the 22, my buddy got the 23 which is a compact, not a sub and it still didn't feel right.
It's what you are comfortable with.
I love my glock.

· Registered
2,062 Posts
I have the Glock23 in .40 but found it too hard to try and conceal in the summer(double stacked mags are uncomfortable if you carry in the waistband)I switch to a S&W Chief Special also a .40 in the summer.You might want to consider a thinner framed handgun for the summer than the Glocks if you plan on carring in the waistband.

· Banned
3,520 Posts
Bwana said:
No Glocks here. I rarely carry, but when I do it is a Sig Sauer P239. Mne is chambered for the .40 S&W (I think 9MM is optional though).
The Sig P239 is an excellent carry weapon, especially due to its 3.6 inch barrel and single stack magazine for a thinner profile. Comes in 9mm, .40 S&W, and also .357SIG.

Personally, I'm kinda partial to a Sig P229R in .40 for now.:)

· Registered
31 Posts
Mags said:
The Sig P239 is an excellent carry weapon, especially due to its 3.6 inch barrel and single stack magazine for a thinner profile. Comes in 9mm, .40 S&W, and also .357SIG.

Personally, I'm kinda partial to a Sig P229R in .40 for now.:)
:yeahthat: But I also have to say the 26 is a great weapon.

· Registered
1,601 Posts
I pack the 26, there are times as stated a single stack would be nice.
Work for me has me with a tie; I avoid coats...............
OK I guess I'll have to check out a single stack for CC. :D

· Registered
2,793 Posts
Like stated earlier, get Your hands on as many different types as possible - see what works/fits You the best. For Me, it's a full size 1911. Do on occation, carry a S&W 325PD or 5" XD 9 - depends on the "gun of the day" :lol: . C-man

· Registered
6,193 Posts
I carry a s&w 357 revolver. as this fits me to a tee and as I do not plan on having an extended gun fight, the 5 rounds are enough. I think it is a personal decision and you will have to see what fits you.

Glocks are a fine weapon as are most of todays weapons. try many and then decide.

· Registered
158 Posts
i carry a j frame 357 or xd subcompact but my next gun will have a single stack mag. glock makes a nice gun i just do not like the grip angle my wife has a CZ rami similar to the xd and glock in size but made of metal if you don't like the plastic guns

· Registered
5,354 Posts
sig sauer 229 40 for me.... nice and compact and shoots amazing... little pricy but well worth it if you had to use it for protection. I dont carry it as much as i would like to but if i need it i know i could count on it.... i had the glock 22 40 cal and didnt like it as much... built like a square... and didnt shoot as good for me (personal oppinion of course) my cop buddies seem to like them.

· Registered
459 Posts
Recently picked up a Taurus 24/7 PRO in .40S&W with Heine sights. Mainly because it fits my hand very well (small), and even for a double stack, it still conceals nicely. I haven't completed the training course, but will soon.

Like others have said, try different guns and go with what you feel comfortable with.

· Registered
423 Posts
The 26 is a good pistol. I carry an XD9 sub, which is pretty much the same size as the 26. My pinky rides under the grip which feels funky when first picked up, but I don't notice it anymore. I bought a 16 round extended mag the other day which gives it a full grip with a 3" barrel. I may use it for a backup mag, because it's harder to conceal then the shorter 10 round mag.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.