Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I just purchased a house that borders the Aquinas property and is right next to the Southgate golf course, at closing the previous owner told us that they would get coyotes sleeping at the back fence bordering the Aquinas property! Ever heard of such a thing?:yikes: Or believe such a thing?:lol: If so can I shoot my bow in Southgate?

·
Premium Member
15,133 Posts
I've seen a Whitetail on the west side of Detroit, so a yote in Southgate?
Why not??

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Their in Lincoln Park to... I work for Lincoln Park PD, and last March I responded to a call in the 1700 block of Ford Blvd, of a Coyote attacking a dog in a back yard... Sure enough, I show up, and theres he is trying to make a meal out of a begale... To make a short story long, I ended up dispatching a 47 lb male, thats now a rug on the floor in my trophy room....;) It's always weird to see animals like that in the concrete jungle...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
A good yote is a dead yote! :D

·
Registered
8,750 Posts
AlexV has a great pic of a yote at 12 Mile Rd. & Mound in Warren near the GM Tech Center.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Anywhere near where I set a trap, or set up to call :lol:
We must hunt together and not know it:lol:

I've talked to a Royal Oak policeman that has had to answer calls/reports of coyote in the back alleys there.

When living in Clarkston/Waterford area some years back there were coyotes all over the place....but then again, there is alot of cover there. Nevertheless it surprised me to hear the neighbor warning me not to let the little ones play out back of our church without an adult. I asked "why"....later on it was obvious when I saw a dead "dog" laying in his garden about 2wks later. He left it lay there until it stunk. No more coyotes in the daylight:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
My wifes family lives in franklin near 14 mile and telegraph rd. Theres so many coyotes out there it looks like some kind of refuge. They have to be careful when they let their ( i hope they dont see this ) stupid little cat dogs out in the yard because theres always a threat from the yotes and red foxes. I've also seen one near that golf course in Huntington Woods off 10 mile rd. I wish I could use my 22 in neighborhoods :evil:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
We have yote and foxes in Ypsilanti (city). Had a big doe get hit right in front of our PD one night (no appreciable stand of trees with in about a mile) also had a 6 point running around in broad day light through neighborhoods last year. Have seen and gotten calls of yotes and have seen foxes around too.

Pretty much gonna have em everywhere.

J-

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have seen the coyotes that live behind Aquinas. My ex lives in the apartments (village green maybe>?) I see them running from northline rd. to the baseball fields behind the school.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gator you work in LP, you need to get yourself one of those test taking books. :D Good thing you were there that day because a certain member of the pd may have shot twenty times, missed, and refered to it as "man s*&^" :lol:

By the way that rug does look incredible. Cant wait to get mine at Cabbage Creek this year. Be safe. 50 days.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've seen one at warren valley golf course in the middle of the summer and day! I will assume that they have to be in every city by now. Hell, when I train my dog at rouge park in Detroit I see deer pretty often.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!! Yot's live in Southgate area as well the surrounding cities. I have seen them along Pensilvania road as well as in the Southgate nature area behind the High school. Saw a big one,one night trotting down the side walk :yikes:eek:n Leroy wich runs east west along the north side of the high school.There is also fox ,deer,coons, opposums. Found a dead yot pup along Trenton road near the movie theater a few years back. Daughter had a fox run by her bus stop one morning last year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts