Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
the cop should have shot the damn thing in the first place,instead of chasing it around town.can't believe the crap i heard on the radio this morning about saving a top predator in the city.everything would be different if it ate some rich persons cat.

·
Registered
272 Posts
At first they said it would be euthanized. After the uproar from the animal fanatics they have decided to "retrain" it via a DNR rehabilitator in Oxford then try to release it somewhere.

Freaking idiots They should release it on Belle Isle and let it work on reducing the goose and deer population a little bit.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
She's going to drive it to the Upper Peninsula to be released into the wilderness.

I hope wolves eat it right in front of her.

·
Registered
281 Posts
we were jigging the river Easter morning and herd that yote howling in the field next to the ren cen, i told my fishing partners we might even get a chance to see it. well we did , on the news. he was in that field hunting, its full of big city chickens with long tails (Pheasants) and lots of bunnys.
Now the antis are crying not to kill it, its never going to end.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What gets me, they trying to say on FoxNews, that the coyote got confused and got lost in the city. Shows how "Confused" the press really is. I wonder how many stray cats, and squirrels that "lost" coyote ate?

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
This kind of event never ceases to amaze me. The worst part is that the DNR caves into these animal loving lunatics by going to heroic measures to save a wild animal. We've seen fire departments dispatch ladder trucks to save a coon "stuck" in a tree, a DNR CO jump into a dumpster to "rescue" a skunk that managed to get "trapped" in it, etc...ad nasueum.:dizzy: "Retraining" a coyote ranks right up there for the most ridiculous of them all. :yikes: Any of you read the Woods-n-Waters magazine? They allow space EVERY MONTH for a column on "animal rescue," which is more often than not about nontypical events that villify those who hunt and trap "those poor innocent animals.":mad: I'ved contacted the publisher pointing out that W-n-W is doing a disservice to the promotion of ethical hunting and trapping by allowing an obviously "animal rights" slanted column to appear in monthly in their publication. The precedent has been set, and I'm sure if that column was discontinued(as it SHOULD BE) there would be a serious uproar about it from we know who!. Still, I urge any of you who are familiar with that magazine to voice your opinion on that "animal rescue" column to the editor.

·
Banned
6,767 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on this, but aren't coyotes highly territorial with in their family sytems? I've read where coyotes will actually kill other coyotes that enter into their territory?

Seems to me this is a real "feel good story" because they are going to set this animal "free" some place else (I think they referr to it as the "wildnerness") whereas in fact, they've merely postponed its eventual and inevitable death. However this time, the death it will occur in a profoundly less humane manner?

Am I wrong or, can this animal become "adopted" into a new family or territory?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Boy that was a nappy lokin yote....................:coolgleam :evilsmile :cheeky-sm :hide:

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Unbelievable, yet again another mis-informed, ignorant and ridiculously publicised case. Maybe someone should inform the general population of what the coyote really is. A predator of opportunity, who when given the chance, will hunt, kill and devour not only rats, mice and rabbits but Felix, Fido and Fluffy. See how much compassion they have for it when they see a picture of a half eaten cat or dog. Then the usual kneejerks will have to come up with another hair-brained, half-baked idea.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
BigDaddy said:
Boy that was a nappy lokin yote....................:coolgleam :evilsmile :cheeky-sm :hide:
LMAO! I've been listening to Opie and Anthony each morning for the last few days and can't believe the crap that is going on with respect to that. It's almost as ridiculous as this coyote story.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Cpt.Chaos said:
Unbelievable, yet again another mis-informed, ignorant and ridiculously publicised case. Maybe someone should inform the general population of what the coyote really is. A predator of opportunity, who when given the chance, will hunt, kill and devour not only rats, mice and rabbits but Felix, Fido and Fluffy. See how much compassion they have for it when they see a picture of a half eaten cat or dog. Then the usual kneejerks will have to come up with another hair-brained, half-baked idea.
THE YOTE HAD NEVER BEEN UP AGAINST ROTTEWILERS AND PITBULLS BEFORE. NO WONDER HE HID UNDER A CAR:yikes: :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts