Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, will the same bear come into your bait more than once a day or not.

2nd, I've gotten quite a few pics so far and knock on wood, I've yet to get a pic of a cub or a real small bear, I've read that it means your area is dominated by boars since their so food hungry they chase off the smaller fellow's, is this true, and if so I'd take it that its a good sign, right?

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
i am definitely not an expert but i have the same bears coming in a few times a day.. hence why my bait is always gone... since i do it on just the weekends i unfortunately have to put out a lot of food for them... this last time was the 1st time ALL the food was gone....

i know have a no flash cuddeback to help me keep take more pics ( i had a film camera, and also make it so the flash doesnt make them go totally blind!!!

i have a few small ones but none i would think would be cubs.... maybe i do i dunno? i have a few smaller bears... guess those could be cubs...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
1st, will the same bear come into your bait more than once a day or not.

2nd, I've gotten quite a few pics so far and knock on wood, I've yet to get a pic of a cub or a real small bear, I've read that it means your area is dominated by boars since their so food hungry they chase off the smaller fellow's, is this true, and if so I'd take it that its a good sign, right?
1 Yes the same bear will come in twice in one day.

2 Generally when you have Boars especially large ones Sows with cubs will avoid the area as the Boars will kill the cubs so that she will come into Estrous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts