Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just figured I would show a couple no till plots I did this year. The First was a rye and cover plot that I tilled and planted last fall. the clover did not come in hardly at all probably due to the fact that I used very old seed we had laying around. Two weeks before memorial day I sprayed the rye with gly and broadcasted a mix of clover and chickory, cultipacked and then just mowed it this weekend and was very impressed with the plot. The second plot was one I had corn and some brasticas last year and I didn't get to spraying early enough this year so the weeds got a little tall. Instead of going through all the steps because of not having a lot of time, I sprayed it on the 13th of June and then on the 17th. I broadcasted rr beans and a little bit of rr corn into the standing weeds and last year's corn stalks. after I was done I mowed it and packed it and theses are some pics of both. The beans probably had 50% germ on the 24th .

Attachments

·
Registered
9,408 Posts
Everything is looking good WA. With all this rain my stuff is growing like crazy...I like your hidden fields also...Perfect size..Is that the Cabelas Cultipacker behind your quad? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is looking good WA. With all this rain my stuff is growing like crazy...I like your hidden fields also...Perfect size..Is that the Cabelas Cultipacker behind your quad? How do you like it?
Yeah we have had a great year for rain. It was hard to get your plots in with all the rain. Sounds like it's too wet for a lot of people .
the cultipacker is one I built out of a old one I had around and a old canoe trailer...But it does work good, although I would like to add some more weight to it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts