Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM on the west side near Grand Haven. This is by far the worst year I've ever seen for the amount of cotton. That stuff is killing me... anyone else think its worse than ever?

·
Super Moderator
20,536 Posts
IM on the west side near Grand Haven. This is by far the worst year I've ever seen for the amount of cotton. That stuff is killing me... anyone else think its worse than ever?
Glad I'm outta Monroe! Used to be able to shovel that crap.

·
Premium Member
4,933 Posts
I'm triggered!!

Reactions: Dish7

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That stuff is great! I've been pulling it off the line and saving it for the past couple of weeks, and finally had enough for my wife to make me one of these for fall hunting! I love how it breaks up my form factor, she got really creative on some of the patterns.... I'll keep you posted on how it holds up!

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
It's really bad around my house and I love it! My bitch Xwife is terribly allergic to it and I know she's suffering right now. Still makes me happy every year for 21 straight. I giggled typing this post just thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I've said the same thing. This year it's worse than ever. Not sure if it's the lack of rain. Rain and wind this early summer. Rain usually knocks it down in clumps on branches with some wind. Being so dry, it's floating like a winter snowfall. Had to vacuum out my AC condenser 3 times already. Doesn't help that my neighbors property behind me has 4 huge cottonwood trees on my property border just south of my house. Definitely the worse year I can remember.

·
Registered
656 Posts
In the HVAC trade those are called " pennies from heaven" . Spend all day washing em out of a/c coils just to go back a week later to write another ticket and do it again , sometimes 3-4 trips per client and hoping it's a weekend at time and 1/2.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
In the HVAC trade those are called " pennies from heaven" . Spend all day washing em out of a/c coils just to go back a week later to write another ticket and do it again , sometimes 3-4 trips per client and hoping it's a weekend at time and 1/2.
I found that using the garden hose only ruined the cooling fins. Tried air but also too strong. Finally used a shop vac supercharged and it sucks every bit of cotton from the fins and no bent fins.

·
Premium Member
9,733 Posts
Company i worked with blew them out with a tank of freon .Stuff was cheap back then .Some malls had many units but it was cheaper than hauling an air compressor and cords all over the mall roof .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts