Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Out of state resident hunter here who was wondering if I should still expect to receive my turkey tags via mail in a timely matter with this corona outbreak going on. From what I know any kill tag has to be delivered by "snail mail" and no electronic printout is available. Just want to be sure I get my tag delivered before April 18th! Hope DNR is still fully operational and mailing out tags.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Out of state resident hunter here who was wondering if I should still expect to receive my turkey tags via mail in a timely matter with this corona outbreak going on. From what I know any kill tag has to be delivered by "snail mail" and no electronic printout is available. Just want to be sure I get my tag delivered before April 18th! Hope DNR is still fully operational and mailing out tags.
Bought mine online march 15, and still waiting. Never took this long to deliver tags before.

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts
If you can find a bait shop that I open because of the shut down that would be the way to go. One that also sells guns and ammo would be your best bet. I haven talked to my normal place to buy my licenses to see if they are open or not. They also sell guns so I would think they are open.
With all of the things the DNR is shutting down I would not rely on them getting you a tag on time. I will never buy a tag online as long as my bait shop is open.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I drove up north to turkey hunt a couple years ago and forgot my tag at home, went to the hardware and bought a replacement (AKA) lost tag. If the tag never arrives in the mailbox I think that might be the route I would take.
I haven’t purchased mine yet and won’t until I’m a few days out from my hunt, also there still is over 20 days before the season starts, hopefully they arrive before the start of the season.
Flight

10,812 Posts
If they can't mail them out on time, then they need to just waive the tag requirement. You would need just need to have proof that you paid for it on you when hunting.

·
Administrator
36,680 Posts
I've been waiting a long time for the fishing license I ordered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m heading up to the property in a few weeks. But I’m going to have a few people with me. I’m wondering if we can get in trouble for this? Now that the states on lock down until the end of April now. Will all be hunting separately as there’s more then enough property for that. The issue will be in the cabin. Guess will just have to try and stay 6 feet a part.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I’m heading up to the property in a few weeks. But I’m going to have a few people with me. I’m wondering if we can get in trouble for this? Now that the states on lock down until the end of April now. Will all be hunting separately as there’s more then enough property for that. The issue will be in the cabin. Guess will just have to try and stay 6 feet a part.
If you're hunting party members are not part of your immediate family and living in your house - then yes, sharing the cabin violates social distancing. Hunting the same property is permitted and getting outside for exercise (which includes hunting) is promoted for both physical and mental wellness

Get in trouble? No, but you could contribute to somebody contracting the disease, which as we all know at this point can lead to serious respiratory problems and potential death.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Considering they are technically part of your extended family, I would hope they are 'like family' to you.

However, the entire point about social distancing is it limits contact with everyone - extended family included - except those people you immediately live with and share airspace with on a regular basis (i.e., your immediate family).

If it helps to explain it - Whitmer and the MDHHS have clearly stated that family gatherings are not permitted as part of the executive order - a gathering of 4 people that are extended family would be considered a 'family gathering'.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.