Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Corey lake Finding them in the thermocline!

1807 Views 13 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  gundogguy
Corey lake beginning at 17 fow going out to 45fow and probable beyond. 12 today 1 LM and 11 pike.
speeds about average 3.5 mph down 10- 20 fow. no more than 20 the medium size spoonplugs 200SP and 100 SP. Just inside the Thermocline. Average size pike and one behemoth. on the big guy had to use the hook cutters on all three prongs of the tail treble. However it was a good safe release for the lunker pike. New day tomorrow new lake as well.

Hal
Corey lake beginning at 17 fow going out to 45fow and probable beyond. 12 today 1 LM and 11 pike.
speeds about average 3.5 mph down 10- 20 fow. no more than 20 the medium size spoonplugs 200SP and 100 SP. Just inside the Thermocline. Average size pike and one behemoth. on the big guy had to use the hook cutters on all three prongs of the tail treble. However it was a good safe release for the lunker pike. New day tomorrow new lake as well.

Hal
See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Not Corey Lake The scene of the crime is Fisher Lake. Misty rain 1st thing this morning for the 1st hour. Mostly cloudy the rest of the morning.
A dozen Bass and Pike today all found at the top of the thermo or the bottom or somewhere in-between 15 -25fow over 30-45 fow. Suspended fish are moving fish. Turn your sensitivity up on your 2D Sonar, Humminbird and you will see the thermocline. Used my new Kagan Banax 150 electric reel today for the first timed. Half the fish caught with it. And other 6 caught with a Daiwa Leobritz S500J electric.
Will check out Pleasant Lake tomorrow just to see the Thermocline...Oh yea and maybe catch a few...

Hal
See less
Not Corey Lake The scene of the crime is Fisher Lake. Misty rain 1st thing this morning for the 1st hour. Mostly cloudy the rest of the morning.
A dozen Bass and Pike today all found at the top of the thermo or the bottom or somewhere in-between 15 -25fow over 30-45 fow. Suspended fish are moving fish. Turn your sensitivity up on your 2D Sonar, Humminbird and you will see the thermocline. Used my new Kagan Banax 150 electric reel today for the first timed. Half the fish caught with it. And...
See more
Sky's brighten up after three days of murky cloudy and rainy weather Bass and Pike suspended on and in the Thermocline. Lunker Bass and a few Pike today at Pleasant lake bass was 20in. an easy 5 pounder.... Pike were all teenagers. 100SP and 700SP

Hal
Reactions: 58hydraglide
Sky's brighten up after three days of murky cloudy and rainy weather Bass and Pike suspended on and in the Thermocline. Lunker Bass and a few Pike today at Pleasant lake bass was 20in. an easy 5 pounder.... Pike were all teenagers. 100SP and 700SP

Hal
See more
Thermo's are just developing in well in S. Michigan natural lakes lakes.Trolling the thermo's has been a blast, of late.. Take it to the next level Run a 3-way with a down crank and rapala or trolling spoon as the trailer bait. Double headers are very possible when you trolling the Thermo both Bass and Pike Just need a Crank bait that can hit 12- 20 fow water at 3 mph and a 3-way swivel with a reduced action trailer bait trolling spoon or Original rapala size just use your imagination you be in business. For the Catch and release folks this nirvana.
My Bucket List dream is finding Two Musky's at the same time.

Hal
See less
Thermo's are just developing in well in S. Michigan natural lakes lakes.Trolling the thermo's has been a blast, of late.. Take it to the next level Run a 3-way with a down crank and rapala or trolling spoon as the trailer bait. Double headers are very possible when you trolling the Thermo both Bass and Pike Just need a Crank bait that can hit 12- 20 fow water at 3 mph and a 3-way swivel with a reduced action trailer bait trolling spoon or Original rapala size just use your imagination you be...
See more
Nice job, Hal. Once I retire, I'm going to master this spoon plugging game.

Haven't been out yet this year. Buddy got a nice walleye last week to go along with 34" and 36" pike. Drowned river mouth lake. I have to get out in the next week or two.
Reactions: 58hydraglide

Haven't been out yet this year. Buddy got a nice walleye last week to go along with 34" and 36" pike. Drowned river mouth lake. I have to get out in the next week or two.
See more
Good for you! get out soon and often.

Hal

Hal

See more
Tomorrow. Will report.

Hal
Tomorrow. Will report.

Hal
See more
One 11 lb sheep. Oh well, fun getting out.
Tomorrow. Will report.
Tomorrow. Will report.
See more
Hey man we all have those days got arse kicked on Corey yesterday 2 stinker bass and stinker pike. That"s great never caught a mutton that big. You Know TK I wonder how many folks know who the Gentleman is that you have his picture as your moniker? I know you do but give it day see if any one else does??

Hal
Hey man we all have those days got arse kicked on Corey yesterday 2 stinker bass and stinker pike. That"s great never caught a mutton that big. You Know TK I wonder how many folks know who the Gentleman is that you have his picture as your moniker? I know you do but give it day see if any one else does??

Hal
See more

It hit like a Mack Truck. 200 red and white. 11.35 to be precise. FBD got one about 15 last week, but on a crank.
Hey man we all have those days
See less
It hit like a Mack Truck. 200 red and white. 11.35 to be precise. FBD got one about 15 last week, but on a crank.
Hey man we all have those days
See more
Thermoclines are still producing 1 Big LM and 12 Pike today Great Fun! Hooked fish on 3 different spoonplugs running different heights in the water column. The best-t-mate is the thermocline is roughly 15 feet thick from top to bottom.
These fish are still on structure just suspended. Suspended fish are moving fish, they are active.

Hal

Thermoclines are still producing 1 Big LM and 12 Pike today Great Fun! Hooked fish on 3 different spoonplugs running different heights in the water column. The best-t-mate is the thermocline is roughly 15 feet thick from top to bottom.
These fish are still on structure just suspended. Suspended fish are moving fish, they are active.

Hal

See more
Another dozen today. all fish found in the Thermocline down 15-20 fow 3 LM 1 Sm and 8 Pike activity spread out over entire morning, 7:30 to noon! Added 12 clips to my July folder Did not bother to You tube. i prolly should the 3-ways make interesting video. 3 pike caught on the 3-way trailer lure a flutter spoon. Using a 700SP for the down bait No doubles today maybe tomorrow. 110 hook-ups for the July so far. i'm fast approaching 1000 fish for the open water season.

Hal
Another dozen today. all fish found in the Thermocline down 15-20 fow 3 LM 1 Sm and 8 Pike activity spread out over entire morning, 7:30 to noon! Added 12 clips to my July folder Did not bother to You tube. i prolly should the 3-ways make interesting video. 3 pike caught on the 3-way trailer lure a flutter spoon. Using a 700SP for the down bait No doubles today maybe tomorrow. 110 hook-ups for the July so far. i'm fast approaching 1000 fish for the open water season.

Hal
See more
Took a day off Monday to catch up on details. back on Corey Lake today. Did some mapping on the South shore an area I have not spent much time Stuck a couple on a new structure, will be sure to spend more there in the future. Went over to known structure and found ten more. When you fish productive structure the pay off is more likely. Caught a couple of 30 inchers and one 36 inch lunker. Depths on the structure varied quite a bit, stuck fish with 3 different sizes of spoon plugs.

Hal
See less
Took a day off Monday to catch up on details. back on Corey Lake today. Did some mapping on the South shore an area I have not spent much time Stuck a couple on a new structure, will be sure to spend more there in the future. Went over to known structure and found ten more. When you fish productive structure the pay off is more likely. Caught a couple of 30 inchers and one 36 inch lunker. Depths on the structure varied quite a bit, stuck fish with 3 different sizes of spoon plugs...
See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.