Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,184 Posts
Sooh, how many guys have a hundred bucks in spare leftover plumbing parts that they'll probably never use?
I probably have close to that... but I'll also almost certainly eventually use it. It took me about 10 years, but I've managed to use up all of the plumbing parts that moved across the country with me in 2004.

·
Premium Member
15,941 Posts
I always have leftover stuff. I have stuff leftover from my first build 30 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
35,286 Posts
I have only a handful of couplings and elbows in hand, just in case. If I over buy for a small project I just return them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Day 1: Poster asks 'simple question'

Day 1.1-2: 30 different answers from keyboard professionals, arguing ensues. OP starts to feel some regret

Day 2.2: Professionals enter to correct keyboard professionals. Pros and keyboard professionals begin feuding over right and wrong, personal jabs enter. OP has certainly not got a trustworthy answer, wondering if he can seal this thread any tighter than his own plumbing....

Day 3: Nobody can agree on anything, OP has job finished by professional

Day 4: Still arguing over how to finish the job that was finished a day ago

If that doesn't sum up the Sound Off Forum I don't know what does.

Now, who wants to fight about Covid vaccines?
Well it is sound off. Right? No harm done.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

Day 1.1-2: 30 different answers from keyboard professionals, arguing ensues. OP starts to feel some regret

Day 2.2: Professionals enter to correct keyboard professionals. Pros and keyboard professionals begin feuding over right and wrong, personal jabs enter. OP has certainly not got a trustworthy answer, wondering if he can seal this thread any tighter than his own plumbing....

Good post !!!!
I was thinking similar things myself!! Lol

·
Premium Member
11,197 Posts

Covid vaccine’s aren’t necessary if you flexseal your mask. But even then it doesn’t matter if you get a shark bite, problem solved.

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Thank you gentlemen, this is my sons house so I may take a drive and see if it’s possible to move the pipes far enough to take apart the joint rather than replacing the whole area. I appreciate the input

It may have been mentioned but ( I'm not reading all the posts) Get a compression shutoff valve also. If when you turn the water off to repair, and the water won't stop dripping, cut in the valve on the pressure side. If you don't need it take it back for a refund.

·
Premium Member
11,197 Posts
I have used pex and a shark bite exactly once. It was this past summer to fix an outdoor hose spigot that was broke from frost when we bought the house. Or it blew that winter maybe. Didn’t notice it on inspection. Anyway 3 years later isn’t bad if you ask me, my wife may not agree. Having to use 150ft of hose to get in the backyard wasn’t exactly convenient.

It was awesomely convenient since plumbing has NEVER been something I enjoy or even pretend to know about. It was just too small of a job for me to be ok paying someone.

It was a super easy and there was even a shut off right before it. Worked great, except my wife was dead nuts in the middle of shampooing the carpets and it ended up shutting off the whole half of the house. I even had to run into town and get the parts before I could turn it back on. To say she was upset, would be a huge understatement.

But now we know what that shutoff controls! And we won’t ever forget it. Lol

141 - 155 of 155 Posts