Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I've been thinking of mounting a side reservoir that dumps an extra 2 gallons. I'd call in something like the hyper flusher or the mega flusher. Maybe the doghouse flusher? What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
35,339 Posts
I've been thinking of mounting a side reservoir that dumps an extra 2 gallons. I'd call in something like the hyper flusher or the mega flusher. Maybe the doghouse flusher? What do you think?
I think you need a bladder tank to blast those skid marks off the porcelain

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It sounds like your trying to over "engineer it " !! Lol
(No Sarcasm intended)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think an engineer/ master plumber worth his weight in paper would know that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
Most toilets now have a "flush rating." I'm telling you, I put half a roll of paper into a toilet with a flush rating of 10, and flushed - and it ALL went down just fine. So I put toilets with high flush ratings in our house, and cabin. Why wouldn't everyone?

·
Super Moderator
35,339 Posts
Most toilets now have a "flush rating." I'm telling you, I put half a roll of paper into a toilet with a flush rating of 10, and flushed - and it ALL went down just fine. So I put toilets with high flush ratings in our house, and cabin. Why wouldn't everyone?
Water cost.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Finally... now we know, the past year I thought covid was the reason for the TP shortage.

Now that we moved onto toilets I have a question. One of ours from day one seems to like to splash when flushed, everything in the tanks looks good, water level, refill hose, level in the bowl, drains does not seem to be an issue. I was wondering about the jet holes in the rim it seems most of the water enters the bowl from the front (creating the splash) very little from the balance of the rim. I looked at them with a mirror and there are six large holes in the front of the bowl ~1/2" then small holes ~1/8" every 4" around the rest of the rim. Trying to clean the small holes with a coat hanger they seem to angle toward the front of the bowl the toilet is a Crane are the large holes in the front common? If these small holes are plugged could that cause this problem? Should they angle toward the front? I plan to try and clean them more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Finally... now we know, the past year I thought covid was the reason for the TP shortage.

Now that we moved onto toilets I have a question. One of ours from day one seems to like to splash when flushed, everything in the tanks looks good, water level, refill hose, level in the bowl, drains does not seem to be an issue. I was wondering about the jet holes in the rim it seems most of the water enters the bowl from the front (creating the splash) very little from the balance of the rim. I looked at them with a mirror and there are six large holes in the front of the bowl ~1/2" then small holes ~1/8" every 4" around the rest of the rim. Trying to clean the small holes with a coat hanger they seem to angle toward the front of the bowl the toilet is a Crane are the large holes in the front common? If these small holes are plugged could that cause this problem? Should they angle toward the front? I plan to try and clean them more tomorrow.
When you say "splash " do you mean burp or maybe bubble like a splash is created?
Or does it gurgle during the flushing process?

·
Premium Member
9,496 Posts

Get a new one.
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=toilets chair height

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Shark bites make me a master plumber. Master plumber's hate this fact.
Skilled trades people are a proud bunch...rightfully so. Many are fixed in their ways, they reside in their comfort zone. Many are reluctant for change.
Copper, copper, copper that's all I read. PEX is good .....BUT. DIY people need to provide the most effective fix to a problem.
If your only option is to call a plumber, be prepared to pay 100.00 for a gasket replace on a bathroom shower faucet.
The issue that still grinds me is using commercial interior painters. My son had a remodel in his basement. He was in Europe and I was in Florida. He contracted painters, 2 came and took 3 days to do a 1 man 2 day job. I estimated the cost to be 500.00 with DIY labor. They charged 3100.00. I don't consider painting a skilled trade job....but they try to get skilled wages.
Enough of my rant.

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Sure didn’t expect this when I asked what I thought was a simple question. I’m 67 and a retired engineer. I don’t normally pay anybody to do anything other than cement work and roofing. Upon further inspection, I found 1/2” feed lines splitting to more 1/2” going to multiple areas, uni directional gate valves with drains installed backwards, older shark bite fittings and poorly soldered joints. My fishing buddy recommended his plumber friend who I called Friday night. He came over on Sunday and replaced everything including 4 shut off valves and even redid the plumbing going to the upstairs kitchen sink area. He was there 3 hours and working hard the whole time. He changed me $240 which included materials. I don’t mind taking on the easy plumbing repairs but I’m glad I called someone that knows what they are doing for this one!

·
Premium Member
28,195 Posts
Sure didn’t expect this when I asked what I thought was a simple question. I’m 67 and a retired engineer. I don’t normally pay anybody to do anything other than cement work and roofing. Upon further inspection, I found 1/2” feed lines splitting to more 1/2” going to multiple areas, uni directional gate valves with drains installed backwards, older shark bite fittings and poorly soldered joints. My fishing buddy recommended his plumber friend who I called Friday night. He came over on Sunday and replaced everything including 4 shut off valves and even redid the plumbing going to the upstairs kitchen sink area. He was there 3 hours and working hard the whole time. He changed me $240 which included materials. I don’t mind taking on the easy plumbing repairs but I’m glad I called someone that knows what they are doing for this one!
At that price - I'd rather pay them to do it!

101 - 120 of 155 Posts