Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yah, and it's amazing on how much the price is increasing since on most ammo, just the jacket is copper. They've taken their que from the oil companies. :rant: What should go up a penny or 2 has gone up in dollars.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BR549 said:
Yah, and it's amazing on how much the price is increasing since on most ammo, just the jacket is copper. They've taken their que from the oil companies. :rant: What should go up a penny or 2 has gone up in dollars.
all the associated costs the maufacturers incur. Fuel surcharges, shipping increases...powder, primer components, oh and dont forget that brass has COPPER as a component so the cases also increased. Maybe that and WARTIME production on ammo at plants...might have to pay some overtime to keep the other lines running. But, you already knew this.:lol:

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
And all the surcharges that are being added to the costs of all metals to cover the increased costs of delivering the metals. The price of gas is up and who is going to pay for the increase cost of the delivery company.

Even if the surcharge for the increase in the cost of gas is added starting today and the price of gas goes down next week do not expect to see that surcharge get dropped right away. It will not drop until they have recouped the increased costs leading up to now. Basic economics.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in Nebraska soon, I expect that will look small considering what we will bring back. However, its a good start for next years PD ammo supply. If only we had chucks here like they have PDs out west!. Afraid I wouldnt see the wife and kids much on weekends.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I was shooting PD's I would really stock up on them, and you are right that would be a small batch. :lol: My letter carrier would hate me more than she does now. They were delivered in the 8$ flat rate box, but weighed about 40 pounds. She wanted to know what was in that small box that was so dang heavy. :dizzy:

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
I try to buy in bulk whenever possible; works real well when making group buys. In the days before the flat rate boxes I would try to let the UPS driver know a couple of days ahead of time that something was coming.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
all the associated costs the maufacturers incur. Fuel surcharges, shipping increases...powder, primer components, oh and dont forget that brass has COPPER as a component so the cases also increased. Maybe that and WARTIME production on ammo at plants...might have to pay some overtime to keep the other lines running. But, you already knew this.:lol:
Do the math. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
BR549 said:
Do the math. :rolleyes:
Why not help on this. Tell us what business expenses should not be used to justify an increase in the cost of a product or service. Should a business not pass along the cost of Federal, state, or local taxes. Should then not figure in the cost of their share of Social Security payments.

How about not passing on the costs of all those phone lines. The phones lines that the customers use to call up and ask about the availability of a certain product or use to call and ask for technical help to use that product. A recent business expense that has to be figured into the price of a product is the "web site" and related expenditures.

Are you saying that a business will be able to continue to exist if it does not pass on these expenses as part of the cost of its product or service?? Please help explain the math so that more of us can go back to these businesses and help them cut their prices. My boss would love to hear how you can do this.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
alex-v said:
Why not help on this. Tell us what business expenses should not be used to justify an increase in the cost of a product or service. Should a business not pass along the cost of Federal, state, or local taxes. Should then not figure in the cost of their share of Social Security payments.

How about not passing on the costs of all those phone lines. The phones lines that the customers use to call up and ask about the availability of a certain product or use to call and ask for technical help to use that product. A recent business expense that has to be figured into the price of a product is the "web site" and related expenditures.

Are you saying that a business will be able to continue to exist if it does not pass on these expenses as part of the cost of its product or service?? Please help explain the math so that more of us can go back to these businesses and help them cut their prices. My boss would love to hear how you can do this.

I would too.....

·
Registered
423 Posts
alex-v said:

Talk about changing the subject to keep from addressing a subject.... Is that a learned talent or a natural politician?..:rolleyes:
What the heck does the price of tea in China have to do with ammo makers, distributors, and/or retailers using the price of copper to more than double the price of jacketed bullets? They are the ones who are claiming the price increases are copper related. I am only addressing their excuse at doubling prices.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BR549 said:
Talk about changing the subject to keep from addressing a subject.... Is that a learned talent or a natural politician?..:rolleyes:
What the heck does the price of tea in China have to do with ammo makers, distributors, and/or retailers using the price of copper to more than double the price of jacketed bullets? They are the ones who are claiming the price increases are copper related. I am only addressing their excuse at doubling prices.
you just yap about do the math with no supporting evidence. Many factors attribute to the cost of the FINISHED product. You dont seem to understand that.

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
BR549 said:
Well, Thank You. I like to think that getting to the basics of the problem is a learned talent. And, yes, I think I would make a better politician than most of them out there since I am not a lawyer but rather an average guy.

There are a lot of different costs that continue to build up and any good business will absorb some of these costs for as long as possible. But, when one major component of their product takes a sharp jump it can easily become the last straw and it is now time to increase prices or fold up the shop.

So, explain how we are supposed to do the math. Or, if it makes you feel better about the increase in the costs of ammo and bullets for reloaders just tell yourself that you are paying for the jump in the cost of raw virgin lead alloys used for the bullet cores. That cost has gone up too.

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
you just yap about do the math with no supporting evidence. Many factors attribute to the cost of the FINISHED product. You dont seem to understand that.
Indeed.

Yesterday, while looking through a Michigan gun related msg board, I came across a reference to the following discussion. It is a must read for all of us, and especially for those who keep saying to "do the math".

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57479

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.