Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANNOUNCEMENT
Consumers Energy will host a June 6, 2007 meeting at the Ferris State University - West Campus Community Center from 6:00 to 7:30 PM to discuss their Hydro Dam Water Quality Enhancement Program.

The meeting will provide an overview of efforts and progress made toward the enhancement of water temperatures and dissolved oxygen levels in the outflow at Consumers' Au Sable, Manistee and Muskegon River hydropower dams. The meeting will include a discussion of water quality modeling efforts, field tests for water temperature and dissolved oxygen enhancements, and future enhancement plans and timelines for the hydro dams.

Representatives of the Michigan Department of Natural Resource, the US Forest Service, the US Fish & Wildlife Service and the Michigan Hydro Relicensing Coalition, who have participated in reviewing and making recommendations for the water quality program will also be in attendance.

The public is invited to attend.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on if I have a trip that night or not, right now I do the day after, but am open for that day. It doesn't really affect the PM much, but it was something passed on to me that I thought those of you that fish the tail-waters much would be very interested in...

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts