Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Cosmo 500 from TSC. Anyone know how to calibrate the gate opening that lets out the material? The linkage has so much play in it that with the lever all the way up or closed, I tightened the adjuster nuts so the gate was starting to open, when you move the lever down to the opening positions the gate doesn't start to open until the lever is between the number 2&3 pin hole? Is there a suggested amount for each progressive hole for example maybe an 1/8th inch for each hole? Or is the whole thing a guess? The owners manual is very vague and the spreading chart on the unit gives settings for different rates at different mph. So I'd like to be able to be fairly accurate with the gate opening to achieve the correct seed app.Thanks

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I open mine just enough to dispense the largest seed I am spreading. From there I just sort of wing it to see what kind of coverage I get. It is better to have to make 2 passes in perpendicular directions than to run out of seed before you finish.

·
Registered
494 Posts
:yeahthat:

There aint nothing precision about that linkage, and even if there were it woould get sloppy as the gate wears.

Also
I have found that peletized lime flows at about the same rate as most fertilizer and can be used to calibrate the spreader without wasting o over-applying fertilizer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts